The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 expGraph: PDF-files too large

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
greglemond Posted - 06/07/2013 : 03:49:50 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 9.0.0 (32Bit) SR2
Operating System: Win7, 32Bit

Hi for the first time,

I want to export some graphs using the function "expGraph". Attached you find the chosen options.
The problem is that the generated PDF-files are in the range of 1-3 MB depending on the settings. However, I expect file sizes of about 20 kB.

What wo do? Thanks in advance.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
greg Posted - 06/13/2013 : 11:48:36 AM
I tried 8.6 vs 9.0 SR2 (32bit) using your settings and saw no difference. (Of course I could not get the page size exactly like yours without lots of fiddling with the graph size on the page, but that should make no difference.)

Of course I used a very simple Scatter graph and the output files were only 11K. Simply changing the plot type to Column increases the file size to 15K. The more complex your graph, the bigger the file gets.
greglemond Posted - 06/07/2013 : 4:40:31 PM
I'm working with Origin 8.6 at work. There, PDFs are usually in the range of 20 kB.
greg Posted - 06/07/2013 : 4:32:13 PM
I am not sure of your reasoning. Why do you have an expectation that the file size will only be 20kB?

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000