The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Combining 3D Trajectory/Vector Plots with Surfaces

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Carl Morandi Posted - 06/07/2013 : 7:40:31 PM
Hi,

I am attempting to make a phase diagram for my thesis. The diagram is a triangular prism with a sliced surface going through it. Is there any way to combine lines and surfaces onto a single 3D plot?

Essentially I wanted to use lines to make the basic diagram shape. On the surface that cuts through the diagram, I wanted to add another surface to define a specific region and to have more lines (actually vectors across the surface and out of the surface) to give specific details. Is there anyway I can accomplish something like this in Origin? I thought I could merge multiple 3D diagrams, but origin does not seem to merge opengl plots.

Thank you for any advice
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shirley_GZ Posted - 06/08/2013 : 05:57:11 AM
Hi Carl,

Yes, OpenGL based 3D graphs cannot show in multiple layers. So you can't use merge graph windows to merge them. However, you can use Layout window (opened by clicking the New Layout button in the Standard toolbar) to merge the 3D openGL graphs.

To add a 3D surface plot to a existed 3D line graph, you can use Layer Content dialog.

To add a 3D vector plot to a 3D surface graph, you can first add a 3D scatter to the surface graph by using Layer Content dialog and then in the 3D vector tab of Plot Details dialog, enable 3D Vector and specify the end XYZ. Or you can first plot a 3D XYZXYZ Vector and then add a 3D surface into it by using Layer Contents dialog.

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000