The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Bug in displaying of units?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
johannes.kastl Posted - 06/20/2013 : 08:45:22 AM
Hi everyone,

on all of the machines I tested with I got the following behaviour, so I consider this a bug in Origin:

Create a graph (line, point,...) with x- and y-axis, where both of the columns used as x and y have a longname and a unit in the column header. Let origin create a legend.

In the default, the legend is diplayed with longname and unit. The axis titles are set to %(?X) and %(?Y) and displayed as the longname of the column.

Go to the Plot Details to the tab called 'Legends/Titles'.
'Translation Mode of %(1) %(2)' is normally set to Longname&Unit.

As soon as I switch the translation mode to 'longname', the unit is no longer displayed in the legend, but suddenly appears in the y-axis' title.

Even if the checkbox for 'Show Units (when available) for Auto Axis Titles, %(?X) %(?Y)' is unchecked!

If I check that checkbox, the unit also appears on the x-axis.

Workaround
Set the translation mode to 'user defined', and just enter @LL into the field. Then everything works as it should.

Bug
I would have thought that the unit is only displayed on the y-axis, if the checkbox is checked. No matter what the setting for the legend is.

Thanks,
Johannes

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.6.0GSR3 and 9.0G
Operating System: XP
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 06/20/2013 : 10:24:31 AM
Hi Johannes,

Thanks for finding this bug and also how to workaround. It ill be helpful for others to know as well.

Yes, it's a bug since X axis title works fine. The issue seems only realted to Translation Mode is Long Name.

I jiraed this to be fixed in 9.1.
https://originlab.jira.com/browse/ORG-8893

Thanks, Snow Li

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000