The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 QuickFit Linear modification

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
michaeli98 Posted - 07/02/2013 : 7:45:45 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OrginPro 9.0.0 (32-bit) b45
Operating System: Windows XP

Is it possible to add 3*RMSE range to the simulated line in the QuickFit linear gadget? I would like to have the gadget simulate the line and 2 additional lines for intercept+3sqrt(chi-square) and intercept-3sqrt(chi-square) parameters on the same graph. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Michael
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Echo_Chu Posted - 07/03/2013 : 10:23:18 PM
sure, Michael, I will add a feature request to our database and we will consider to add it in Origin in the future

However, could you tell us more details info for the requirements.

As you said a within a certain noise level, I am wondering whether the chi-square you mentioned in the first post should be calculated from the fitted result or it is only a constant you specify?
michaeli98 Posted - 07/03/2013 : 6:25:47 PM
Thanks for your response Echo,

do you think it is something OriginLab would potentially work on? It would be quite useful when you are trying to estimate if the next data point is within a certain noise level.

Best,
Michael
Echo_Chu Posted - 07/03/2013 : 04:08:34 AM
Hi, Michael

I am afraid that you can not add lines to the gadget.

However, you can only want to show the band lines on result graph. you can fit the curve first and then add them as error band lines.

1. Fit the data to get the fitted curve and chi-square (it is redidual sum of square in the Linear Fit tool report)
2. Add a column next to the fitted curve data and set it as Yerror, fill it with 3*chi-square
3. Add the fitted curve with error bar to the original graph
4. To show the error bar as band lines, you can double click on the error bar to open the Plot Details dialog, in the Error Bar tab, change Connect from None to Straight.

Echo
OriginLab Corp.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000