The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Background function

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tuan Khai Posted - 07/03/2013 : 04:28:06 AM
Hello all,
I am a new member of Origin forum. Nice to see all of you :)

I have a question like this: In Genie2K, CANBERRA Inc., or Colegram, National Henry Bequerel Lab., (both are professional softwares for Nuclear spectrum analysis), the background, when we make a Gaussian fitting, can be fixed as a step function.
In Origin software, is is possible to fit a Gaussian peak of multi Gaussian peak with a step-function-background?

Thanx a lot.

Tuan Khai Bui
Technician
Nuclear Techniques Lab.
University of Science - HCM city, Vietnam
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kathy_Wang Posted - 07/03/2013 : 11:50:36 PM
Hi,

Generally speaking,if you have OriginPro 8.0 or above, you can fit a peak with baseline(i.e. background) in the peak analyzer tool. The baseline can be either an existing dataset, or user-defined from anchor points(and you can fit baseline with built-in or user-defined fitting functions).

The Peak Analyzer can be opened from Analysis:Peaks and Baseline:Peak Analyzer. In order to learn how to use the tool, you can press F1 when the tool is opened to open the corresponding documentation CHM. Or refer to this online help file.

Kathy
Originlab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000