The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Importing a certain Column or row of ASCII File

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LorenzoHo Posted - 07/18/2013 : 10:15:03 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.1
Operating System: Win 8

Hi,

Iīm looking for a solution for the following problem. I have lots of laboratory data in lots of .csv. What I need now is i.e. coloumn 7 from row 2789 to row 2987 from each .csv.

I want to use the Import wizard to open letīs say twenty .csv and to get a worksheet with the special columns (+ row to row) next to each other.

Any idea?

-Lorenzo
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpyang Posted - 07/19/2013 : 1:15:46 PM
It should be just as fast to import all the rows and then use Worksheet->Worksheet Query to extract those rows.

CP
LorenzoHo Posted - 07/19/2013 : 03:20:27 AM
Thanks a lot, Gosia!

Now there is only one thing missing. The column is always the same in each .csv, but the row isnīt. there is one column which indicates what rows I need.

This testcolumn is full of zeros except in the rows I need. So it would be great, if Origin could check that specific column for "true" to determine which rows to import.

- Lorenzo
malgoska Posted - 07/18/2013 : 10:59:35 AM
You need to use file->import->comma delimited. When you check 'show options dialog' you will be able to choose partial import. You can set it to import specific columns and rows from each file.
To have the n-th column from each file in one worksheet you need to choose in the import options-> multi-file (except 1st) import mode->start new columns.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Gosia

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000