The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Peak analyzer batch process

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
RSiertsema Posted - 07/19/2013 : 08:54:33 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5.1 SR2
Operating System: Windows 7

Hello,

I need some assistance creating a batch analysis process. I use the peak analyzer to analyze exported data in the form of excel files, which I have been doing one by one so far. I am trying to automate the process, so far with little success. What I need is a batch process that is able to process seperate excel files and list the calculated data in a single sheet, preferably with graphs to visualize the results. In other words: I want to put in 50 excel files and get 1 sheet of data.

The exported data contains a data set with a single peak (shape varies, hence we use the peak analyzer), from which I need the peak height(y), location(x), FWHM, baseline and area.

I also got access to originpro 8.5.

Thanks in Advance.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shirley_GZ Posted - 07/23/2013 : 05:56:49 AM
Hi,

Please send us the analysis template and some sample data vis emial: tech@originlab.com

Originlab Technical Service Team
RSiertsema Posted - 07/22/2013 : 05:20:55 AM
Hello Shirley,

Thank you for your speedy reply! However this process does not seem to work for the peak analyzer for me. I pretty much copied the gauss fitting process for the peak analyzer, but I end up with a result sheet without any results or it only does the analysis on the very last file, copying those results for all the other files on the result sheet. In addition, it neglects to create graphs in the batch process, even though I did make one while creating the analysis template.

With regards,

RSiertsema
Shirley_GZ Posted - 07/19/2013 : 10:00:20 AM
Hi Rsiertsema,

If all your data are similar, you can use our Batch Processing tool.

First, import one data file into an Origin workbook and do peak analysis. Then save the workbook as an analysis template. With is template, use batch processing tool to do analysis for all data files.

You can follow these two tutorials,

http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/mergedProjects/Tutorial/OriginLab/Analysis_Template_and_Batch_Processing.html
http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/mergedProjects/Tutorial/Tutorial/Batch_Processing_with_Summary_Report_in_Excel.html

and this video.

Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000