The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Recalculate auto is set to none upon update

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Z4uit Posted - 07/22/2013 : 06:27:19 AM
Hello,

I'm having a lot of data and I want to automatically analyze that data upon importing it from a text file. I succeeded by using some basic programming in LabTalk in combination with the "Set Column Value" option.

The best thing would be if I load a new text file, everything will be recalculated automatically. This also works quite well, with one exception:

In the folder calibration I did a linear fit, of which I want to use the slope and intercept to calculate the concentration from analysis data. This analysis data is in another folder called data.

With the range function I link to the cell in which the intercept and the slope are calculated and then I use the values from a data column to calculate a new resulting column. This all works fine and I can set the recalculate button to auto, if I change my data everything gets updated.

My problem:
As soon as the fit values change in the calibration folder, the recalculate option in the data folder is reset to none, and the values are not updated until I manually set the option again to auto

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. Is there another simple way to use the resulting intercept and slope from an auto recalculating linear fit interactively?

Best and thanks for reading,

Adriaan

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 9.0.0 (64-bit) SR1 b76
Operating System: Windows 7 (64 bit)
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Z4uit Posted - 07/23/2013 : 10:13:43 AM
Just for anyone with the same problem, Jessie explained me the following:

The state of recalculate is changed to none, because of the script "range r1 = [Book5]"Area fit"!16[1:1];" in the Set Values dialog which refers to a statistics results page. The report sheet (with the statistics) is reconstructed during the recalculation, so at some point, range r1 does not exist, so Origin cannot identify the range r1, r2…etc. and then it will set the recalculation to none.

To solve this problem you have to right click the value you need in the report sheet and select "Create Copy as New Sheet" to put the cell link in the worksheet cell. And then you can refer to the cell in the Set Value dialog. The data is now only updated when a new value is presented in the statistics sheet and this prevents temporary empty cells while the sheets are updated.

Thanks a lot for the quick and complete answer!

Adriaan
JessieWoo Posted - 07/23/2013 : 03:37:37 AM
Dear A. van den Bruinhorst,

Would you please follow the instruction in the link below to send us your opj file? So I can reproduce the problem on my machine to see what went wrong.
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support&pid=752

Best Regards,
Jessie
OriginLab Technical Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000