The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 ORIGIN_LOG.TXT file is huge

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
redspirit Posted - 08/13/2013 : 11:56:31 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.0.0 SR2
Operating System: W7 64 bit

I use a script .ccp for matrix recalculation (I make one matrix 300x500 from 300 matrix, each 500x300 ). Since version 9 its take extremely long- few hours. Then I get an error "Disk C is full" and found a ORIGIN_LOG.TXT with the size up to 49 Gb in TEMP order!!!! And now I should remove them each time manually. In comparison by my college with the Origin 7.5 and Windows XP its take factor 3-4 faster and he newer said about disk space problem. Is it possible to decrease this temp file?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
redspirit Posted - 08/22/2013 : 09:11:26 AM
Thank you!!! The value for debug_log was 2. Now it is working very fast!!!!!
greg Posted - 08/15/2013 : 3:53:59 PM
The debug log file - ORIGIN_LOG.TXT - should ONLY be used if you are working with OriginLab to solve some particular problem you are experiencing. Basically, you turn it ON, run through the steps that demonstrate the problem (usually ending in a crash) then you send OriginLab the log file. The next step is to turn OFF the log file so Origin is not slowed down with the task of dumping all that info to a file.
To shut off logging, enter this in the Command Window:
debug_log 0
and press Enter.
You can delete the ORIGIN_LOG.TXT file since any useful information is now buried in a sea of useless information.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000