The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3-D surface plotting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
vitaliikulish Posted - 09/06/2013 : 05:45:32 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:
Good afternoon. I need help on 3-D surface plotting. Am using Origin 9. The problem is:
I have x,y,z data.X and y is coordinates. Z corresponds to localtemperature. I need to plot 3-D surface according to this data. BUT the data were taken from the one of the surfaces of the plate with the inclined orifice . SO it was supposed to get 3-D surface with the orifice in the middle of plot. But instead of it i got only a peak in the center of the orifice. I have already tried to use Origin 7,8. But no difference. Please can somebody help me with it.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
vitaliikulish Posted - 09/09/2013 : 11:07:34 AM
Thank you for your answer. I can't use the Sparse convertion. If i am not mistaken it is used for missing values. So i was using Renka cline.
Number of raws is 12914. Coordinates values are in mm. Can you explaine me why i can't use it.
Shirley_GZ Posted - 09/09/2013 : 05:32:32 AM
Hi,
You said you will get a peak in center of the orifice when plot the surface graph. It is wierd. Does you use missing values to represent the orifice area? If so, you can convert the XYZ data to matrix, then plot it as a surface graph. There is an example to create surface graph from a matrix with missing values.

Otherwise, please send us the data and tell us the orifice info via tech@originlab.com.

Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000