The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to get the sigmoidal line£¿

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rainbowkoala Posted - 10/19/2013 : 06:26:20 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 8.5.0 SR1
Operating System: win7
When the sigmoidal line (short dot) is drawn, the only condition is that tangents are drawn from the beginning of each specified limit.

Please find more details in the insert image.

Thanks for your help.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 10/24/2013 : 11:50:13 AM
Hi rainbowkoala,

It seems you don't have any specific sigmoidal function. The left asymptote seems not a constant Y.
So, I assume that drawing such curve numerically is enough for your purpose. Then, the following crude
method may satisfy you. Please see the attached screenshot.

Here, you first should have the coordinates and the slopes of the START and GOAL points (it seem
you have already); and you can give the estimates of the X position of the local minimum and the
inflection point. The idea is that you can create the interpolated slopes (col(D)) from these values,
then get the function values (col(G)) based on that. These column calculation and plot (Graph1)
are automatically recalculated by changing the specific entered slope at the inflection point.

You can just manually enter this value until you get the satisfied Y value at the GOAL as seen in the graph.

If you have the model function, and the coordinates of some data points, you may better take the fitting approach.
Anyway, I hope this helps a bit for your project.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
rainbowkoala Posted - 10/23/2013 : 09:57:10 AM
Hi, Echo
I appreciate the detailed and useful comment. Yes, you are right. Then How to get the sigmoidal line£¿
Thanks for your help.
Echo_Chu Posted - 10/21/2013 : 05:29:30 AM
Hi, Koala

I am a little confused and not so clear the relationship of tangent lines and the sigmoidal lines.

Do you mean you have known the tangents of sigmoidal lines, which is the solid line in image and you want to find the sigmoidal line which is drawn in short dot in your image

Echo
OriginLab Corp.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000