The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Surface With Transparent Plane and openGL

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gracy.hm Posted - 10/30/2013 : 9:29:28 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: win7
Hi,
I want to plot the topography map like (http://www.originlab.com/www/products/GraphGallery.aspx?GID=296)

can someone provide me the source of data, i want to plot for some regions of adjoining India and China for one of my study

also from where i can get latest version of OpenGL

Thanks
Gracy

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gracy.hm Posted - 11/07/2013 : 2:03:02 PM
Hi Snow,
Thanks for reply . I will try.
snowli Posted - 11/07/2013 : 1:59:37 PM
Hi Gracy,

Sorry that we don't have straightfoward way to add marks to a location.

You can watch this video tutorial to see how we a scatter and data label to 3d surface.
http://originlab.com/Index.aspx?go=Support/VideoTutorials&pid=2019

Thanks, Snow
gracy.hm Posted - 11/07/2013 : 1:07:08 PM
Hi Snow,
thanks for quick reply. i tried but I am not able to mark locations. I am using .nc files from http://maps.ngdc.noaa.gov/viewers/index.html
snowli Posted - 11/07/2013 : 09:52:31 AM
Hi Gracy,

1). Axis ticks, tick labels and titles don't show because the XY, YZ, XZ planes are turned off. Choose Format: Layer Properties... menu.
Go to Planes tab. Check XY checkbox tot turn on XY plane. Then longitude and latitude axes will show.

2). You can create a worksheet with XYZ columns with x,y,z locations of the place you want to add markers. Use the Layer Contents dialog to add the Z data into the surface graph as a 3D scatter plot. Then you can double click the 3d scatter point to open Plot details to set the symbol shape or label to show. U can look at our sample: 3D OpenGL Graphs.opj.
On 3D Surface sheet, select the 2nd graph (Eastern California). Then click Tutorial to see how to do it.
3). You can double click on the map, which we call Color Scale object to open the Color Scale Control dialog. Set Background to Blackline. Sorry that we don't have color and thickness control for the border line.
4). Many tools on Tools toolbar are only supported in 2D Graphs. But you can use page zoom/pan.
5). From 9.0 on, we use OpenGL to plot 3D graphs. So the performance may be related to the video card of your PC.

Hope it helps.

Thanks, Snow
gracy.hm Posted - 11/07/2013 : 06:25:46 AM
Hi,
I want to add few details in the below plot

1) I want to insert lat/long in its X and Y axis, with ticks. I tried from the format option but failed, even axis title is also not coming in the plot
2) I want to add few lat/long locations to the map with markers with different color and with name. I got the option to insert the text but I am not able to mark the locations according to their latitude and longitude in a map. By different markers I mean to add some marks (circle, triangle etc)to one locations and others marker to other locations with adjustable size.
3) I want to add a border with a adjustable thickness and color enclosing the map
4) There are several tools in the toolbox adjacent to the map (pointer, tool in tool out , etc ) most of them are not enabled, how can we make them enable

And one general question-----
when I am changing some settings , like clicking for zoom, orientation change, legend editing etc it is taking so much time and sometimes responding too late. Is there any way to resolve this.

Any quick suggestion and help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Gracy
gracy.hm Posted - 10/31/2013 : 05:16:16 AM
Hi Christyli,
Thank you for replying to my post. Ok I will try that. But I was also looking for the topography data for my region.

Thanks for reply.
Gracy

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000