The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Bubble plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gracy.hm Posted - 10/31/2013 : 05:34:40 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:win 7

Hello,
I have data of two parameters, concentration of pollutant 1 and concentration of pollutant 2. I want to show them in a single bubble plot like this( http://originlab.com/www/products/GraphGallery.aspx?GID=219) I am bit confused about the symbol size and symbol color data generation. As we need XYY data for each bubble plot. So can some one suggest me how can we generate symbol colour and symbol size data from my observed concentration.

thanks
Gracy
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
greg Posted - 10/31/2013 : 08:53:18 AM
In addition to your X and Y for each variable, you need a column (variable) for size and a column for color. (You could self-reference and use the Y, but size and/or color would just progress vertically and there would be no additional information shown.)

For color indexing, the data can be Origin color index values (1=black, 2=red, etc.), actual RGB values or arbitrary values which would be used in a colormap.

Plot your XYY data as a Scatter graph, Set the group to Independent, choose your size index in the Size drop-down on the Symbol tab and pick you color method in the Symbol Color drop-down. Do this for both dataplots.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000