The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem with Office XP

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pehlivan Posted - 06/04/2002 : 4:40:13 PM
I have used Origin 6.0 for a long time and there has been no problem up to last week. A few days ago I plotted a graphic and put it into Word. I realised that there was a mistake in the name of X axis, then I double click on the graphic in Word. Origin session opened, I corrected the name, updated the graphic and return to the Word. I see that nothing has changed, the name was again wrong, graphic was not updated. Then I double click on the graphic again and see that the name of X axis was correct in the Origin session. But when I closed the Origin session, the name was again false in the Word session. I have tried it several times but nothing has changed. I use Office XP and Windows 98 operating system. I reinstalled Origin several times, nothing has changed. I reinstalled Office XP several times, nothing has changed. And at last I reinstalled Windows 98 and nothing has changed. Then I installed Windows Millenium instead of Windows 98 and, unfortunately, not has changed. Today I realised that there is no problem with Office 97 but I do not want to use Office 97. Could you help me please, what is the problem?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpyang Posted - 06/06/2002 : 5:54:23 PM
Try making some changes to the graph, like change scale and then change back, this way Origin thinks the graph has been modified and the image in Word will be updated. Also, try the File:Update from Origin when the graph is open in Origin.

It is also possible that this problem has been fixed, due to changes in OfficeXP and Origin needs to make corresponding changes. I would suggest that you try this in Origin 7. If you don't have Origin 7, you can download the demo and after you run the demo once, when you double-click that graph in Word, it should open in the Origin 7 demo. When open in Orign 7 demo, you will still need to make some changes to the graph to force the image in Word to update.

To return to Origin 6, you just need to run Origin 6.0 again and double-click in Word will go back to Origin 6.0

CP

member1 Posted - 06/06/2002 : 5:06:50 PM
I do not know how you put the origin graph into the word. if it were me, I will do it in the following way:
Just change the graph in the origin and then use File\Export Page to expot the graph. Choose the .WMF format. In your word, you just use Insert/Picture/From File to import that graph again.
Hope that will help

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000