The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Embedding fonts in EPS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bur2000 Posted - 01/17/2014 : 05:59:04 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9

When exporting an EPS, I cannot find an option to embed the font. Is "built-in font" the same? But when I use it the Arial font gets changed to something that looks like Courier when I view the file in Adobe Acrobat.

Also what Adobe Font level to use, 1, 3 or 42? What are the differences?

And what does "Always use True-Type" do? I couldn't see any difference.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
zahraa Posted - 06/03/2014 : 5:49:50 PM
Hi bur2000,

As you can see in this page:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/ExpGraph-Dailog

Even though it does not say specifically that there is an option for embedded fonts, there are three options for embedding fonts in eps:

Originlab Technical Representative
bur2000 Posted - 05/28/2014 : 04:45:15 AM
Here's a late reply... ;) Thanks for the explanation, so it's not possible to embed the fonts in the file?

On the other hand, Outline Font will probably create a vector graphic anyway, so scaling should be no problem?
zahraa Posted - 01/17/2014 : 2:39:48 PM
Hi
The "Outline Font" option handles text as an outline image, so there is not font information inside the file. This is generally the best option to keep if you are uncertain about whether the program you are exporting to has the font options you desire.
The "Built-in fonts" option will keep the font you selected and the system will look for the same font in the program the graph is exported to. If it cannot find that font an error or warning will appear.
The "Use Substitution" option will automatically find a substitute if a matching font is not found.

True Type fonts, most simply explained are the typefaces used by Windows so it shouldn't make a difference if you select or deselect that option. For more details refer to http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question460.htm
http://www.adobe.com/type/topics/info9.html

The adobe font types are specific to adobe.

I would suggest trying to export your graph in EPS with "Use Outline Fonts" in Type 1 and see if it works?

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000