The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Blank graph after opening saved project

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
edgoodwin Posted - 05/09/2014 : 1:09:19 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8 SR4
Operating System: Windows 7

I have a color mapped scatter plot in a saved origin project. When I close the project and open it again the plot is empty. When I double click to get the plot details window it says the plot is still there, but it's not visible for some reason. I have seen this with column charts as well.

Also the same thing happens if I copy the graph to PowerPoint and open it from powerpoint, the graph goes blank.

This is obviously very frustrating since I have to remake the plot every time I want to open it and edit it, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
centuryplant Posted - 05/16/2020 : 5:29:09 PM
Oh my, what a newbie mistake .
Thank you so much for investing your time and relieving my panic!

C
cpyang Posted - 05/16/2020 : 5:20:27 PM
I got your file, somehow the graph has 11 layers each with one plot.

The problem seem to be just the scale, so go to Graph menu and choose Rescale to Show All should fix it, or just click the Y axis to open the Scale dialog and change the To value to like 3.4.

Best if you don't have all those layers and move all the plot to the first layer, so it will be easier to manage the plots.

CP
centuryplant Posted - 05/16/2020 : 2:40:39 PM
Thank you CP for the fast reply and offering your help, my .opju should have arrived in your inbox.

Many thanks!

cpyang Posted - 05/16/2020 : 11:52:38 AM
There can be a number of reasons that plots are not showing, so best would be if you can send the opj over so we can look. You can send to me at tech@originlab.com.

CP
centuryplant Posted - 05/16/2020 : 09:54:29 AM
Hi,

Origin Version OriginPro 2020 (64-bit) SR1 9.7.0.188 (Academic)
Operating System: Windows 10

The software was used in German, now I switched the language to English to try the mentioned way of solving the issue...

I use to encounter the same problem over and over again and I can't find a solution that works for me. It is super annoying as I'm using Origin for my Master's thesis.

I'm doing basic graphing and calculations from my raw data which is simple numeric data from spectroscopy measurements, data import from a .txt file, line graph.

I would deeply appreciate any kind of help.

P.s.: This is my first forum post and I'm far away from being an advanced Origin user.
snowli Posted - 05/14/2014 : 3:53:47 PM
Actually another way to fix it is set the X column as categorical.

E.g. in the SummaryData workbook, right click column A and set it as Categorical. Then the missing plot shows again in graph.

Thanks, Snow
snowli Posted - 05/14/2014 : 2:55:30 PM
Hi Ed,

Thanks, I got two opjs.

In both graphs that show the problem, if I open the axis dialog of layer1 and choose the Bottom Tick Labels tab, i notices the Type is set as Numeric while your X data is text.

If I choose Show Major Labels checkbx.
Then set the Type to Text from dataset.
Set Dataset to e.g. [SummaryData]Sheet1!A.
Click Apply.
The plots will show fine.

You can then uncheck Show Major Labels checkbox to turn of the major tick labels.

I then resaved the opj and open it again. The plot will still show.
If I copy page and then double click the image in Word, Origin is launched and plot still shows fine.

Do you remember the steps to reproduce this from scratch? If you've manually modified the Tick Label Type or not? I saw you are using 8.0 sr4 now. Do you mind patch to sr6 (which is the latest SR for 8.0) just in case there is a bug in sr4).

BTW, it looks you manually created many text object with subscript as tick labels.
You actually can select the A[1] to A[10] cells in SummaryData workbook.
Right click and choose Format Cells...
Check Rich Text checkbox there.
Then you can write superscript, subscript in these cells.
Then when plotting such graph, the tick labels will show super/subscript automatically. I will send a modified opj to you as an example.

Thanks, Snow
OriginLab Corp.
edgoodwin Posted - 05/14/2014 : 12:56:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by snowli

Yes, please refer to this post when sending email to tech@originlab.com.

Thanks, Snow

I have sent the e-mail to tech@originlab.com. Thank you.
snowli Posted - 05/14/2014 : 09:06:50 AM
Yes, please refer to this post when sending email to tech@originlab.com.

Thanks, Snow

edgoodwin Posted - 05/13/2014 : 11:17:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by snowli

Hello,

Some questions:
1. Are there empty columns in the worksheet which is used to plot the graph? If there is no empty columns in the worksheet, does the problem still exist?
2. When you mentioned saved project, do you mean you saved it as opj file? Could you send the opj file to tech@originlab.com so we could take a look?

Thanks,
Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.

There are no empty columns in the worksheet used to plot the graph.

Yes, I saved it as a .opj file. I can send it. Should I reference this post or something so you can identify my e-mail?

Thank you
snowli Posted - 05/13/2014 : 10:38:26 AM
Hello,

Some questions:
1. Are there empty columns in the worksheet which is used to plot the graph? If there is no empty columns in the worksheet, does the problem still exist?
2. When you mentioned saved project, do you mean you saved it as opj file? Could you send the opj file to tech@originlab.com so we could take a look?

Thanks,
Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.
edgoodwin Posted - 05/12/2014 : 6:04:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by greg

Select Format : Plot
Make sure the boxes in the tree on the left are checked.
There's one at the layer level that will hide an entire layer if unchecked.
Each dataplot will have a box to hide that plot if unchecked.

Thanks for the suggestion, it didn't fix my problem though.
greg Posted - 05/12/2014 : 5:04:06 PM
Select Format : Plot
Make sure the boxes in the tree on the left are checked.
There's one at the layer level that will hide an entire layer if unchecked.
Each dataplot will have a box to hide that plot if unchecked.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000