The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Import wizard with graph template and script: Bug?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
guy27 Posted - 05/19/2014 : 1:58:44 PM
OriginPro 9.1.0 (64-bit) Sr2
Windows7 Enterprise Service Pack 1

Hello
I am trying to define a standard import and plotting procedure for ASCII data.
Using the import wizard, a custom graph template and some post-processing script.
(see: http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9490)
My graph template is using line+symbol, with open symbols, skipping every 10 symbols.

If I open a graph window by choosing the template, and then slide some data into it, it behaves as expected.

BUT:
If I import ASCII data using my custom filter, and the option to plot the data after import, the graph looses some of the settings, in particular:
- line plot instead of line+symbol.
- information about the X and Y axis scale max and min.

These information are not completely lost, if I select and slide the data afterwards into the same graph window, they are still plotted in the format defined by the template. It is only with the wizard that the template information is partially lost.

A further property lost is the filling of the data point. If I select a data-set from the graph imported using the wizard, and set it to line+symbol, it remembers how many symbols I wanted skipped, but it uses plain symbols instead of empty ones. It remembers correctly the symbol size.

It seems to me that this is a bug related to the combination of "import wizard" + plot template including "line+symbol"
What can I do to fix it?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lkb0221 Posted - 05/21/2014 : 09:38:23 AM
Hi,

Assume your imported data are in col(A)(X) and col(B)(Y), which are the first two columns in Sheet1.

// Start
range rr = [%H]Sheet1!2; // point to the Y column, %H means the current window
window -t p test; // create graph window by template called "test"
layer -i rr; // add dataset to graph
layer -a; // rescale
// End

Zheng
OriginLab
guy27 Posted - 05/21/2014 : 04:01:19 AM
Hi
thanks for transmitting this bug information to your developers.
Can you give me an example of a simple LT script that I could use at the end of the import wizard to simply plot the curves in a graph respecting the template settings?
Thanks
lkb0221 Posted - 05/20/2014 : 4:20:34 PM
Hi,

The "plot data in graph layer..." seems does not using the template settings (actually it totally ignored all its settings). You might need to replace it with some LT script.
I'll talk to our developers about this issue.

Zheng
OriginLab
guy27 Posted - 05/20/2014 : 05:06:38 AM
I tried without script, and I observe exactly the same behavior.
So it is not an issue with the post import script. It seems like a true bug of the import wizard. Please try and see if you can reproduce it.

Ok, here what I tried:
- start with a completely empty origin project
- create new graph from template: File>new>template> dialog box
- file>import>import Wizard
- in advanced filter option: no script, plot data in graph layer into which files are dropped, Plot data in graph with all files in one layer
What I see:
- all 4 data sets are correctly imported, the workbooks are hidden, and - I have 4 curves in my graph.
- The axis legend and stile of ticks are correct.
- The scales have been modified. Instead of keeping the Max and Min of the template
- The curve style is "line" instead of "line+symbol" as was in the tempalte.
- If I click on one of the curves and set it back to "line+symbol" it uses plain symbols instead of open ones.
- If I select the data in one of the worksheets, and slide it into the graph, it is imported correctly, with the right symbols.
lkb0221 Posted - 05/19/2014 : 3:10:50 PM
Hi,

Can you try importing the data without the script, and then run the script after that?
Maybe there is something to do with your code, I guess.

Zheng
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000