The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Get convergence from two Non-linear curve fittings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
edwardclhuang Posted - 05/21/2014 : 07:52:06 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):9.1
Operating System:Win7

Hello,

I have two sets of data y1=f1(x) and y2=f2(x). I established two non-linear curve fitting functions for each set of data with several fitting coefficients. For f1(x) the coefficients are A, t1, t2..., and for f2(x) the coefficients are A, r1, r2, and etc. The A coefficient has to be the same value for both fits and the others (t1, t2, r1, r2) are mutual independent. However, since the solutions for A are many, i.e., a lot of local minima in the solution space, the A value I get from the least-square fit on f1(x) cannot be applied to get reasonable fit on f2(x).

In a word, one needs to apply a "simultaneous" fit on f1(x) and f2(x) to get a single A value, which leads to comprised fits for two sets of data. Could you please give me some instructions about how I can do it in Origin Pro 9.1?

With best regards,

edward
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JacquelineHe Posted - 05/27/2014 : 10:59:57 PM
Dear Chien-Lung,

If your two Y datasets with the same x value (XYY datasets), you can select the 3 columns and use Multiple Variables function to fit the datasets as the "Nonlinear Multiple Variables Fitting".

But if your two Y datasets with the different x value (XYXY datasets), you will need to set two functions with different "Independent Variables: x1,x2".

About how to create the User Defined Fitting Function, please refer to the simple sample in this page: http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/UserDef-FitFunc

Also, if you do not mind, you can send your project file and the fitting function formula to us, when you define the fitting function with any problem.

Tech Support department Email: tech@originlab.com
(Please send us with your detailed version and serial number information. You can check it by selecting ''Help: About Origin'' in the menu.)

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab
edwardclhuang Posted - 05/27/2014 : 08:19:25 AM
Dear Jacqueline,

I thank for your instruction. I do look at the example on the page "Nonlinear Multiple Variables Fitting". It shows me how to fit a single set of data by two different functions with shared parameters.

I also look at the example on the page "Global Fitting with Parameter Sharing". It shows me how to fit two sets of data by one function with shared parameter.

However, what I need is to fit two sets of data by two different functions with shared parameter. Can I do this in OriginPro 9.1 Sr1?

I thank for your help in advance,

Chien-Lung
JacquelineHe Posted - 05/22/2014 : 07:26:51 AM
Hi,

To fit multiple functions with multiple variables with shared parameters, you can refer to this tutorial page:

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Fitting-NLFit-MultiVar

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000