The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Copy/paste colormap Theme does not work

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
redspirit Posted - 06/14/2014 : 1:47:18 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1.0 (64 Bit) SR2, b271
Operating System: Window 7 Pro 64 bit

Hallo, everybody, I found two bugs (?) working with colormap.
I plotted two different colormaps from two matrix and want simple correct one level and then copy the color map into the second one with copy/paste theme buttons. Here is the original file:

http://www.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/Stripes_Across.zip

First problem: I want to change the value for GRAY scale 8x10^-6 into 9x10^-6.
I changed the value directly in window:

, but... it didn't save.

Afterwards, I look over all parameters and found, if i change the NUMERIC FORMAT
from "Scientific 10^3" to "Scientific 1E3" as it shown here:

then it is works, and I was able to change a level:

so this was the first strange problem, why should the levels depends on number format?

Second Problem: it is a bug I think, cause if I simply use the copy/paste colormap theme
buttons (which are the very nice tool for me, I am usually habe a 4-6 maps on one page)
it does not change the level 8x10^-6 into 9x10^-6 and instead change ALL other levels!!
This effect does not depends on the Numeric data format.
Please, see the foto after paste:

by the way Slow Li promise that it will be work in OriginPro 9.1:
http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17990

Last third question: I sent you a file, usually I have a lot of colormaps in one file.
Before sending one of them I simply delete unnecessary colormaps and workheets from the
opj. file leaving just one or two I want to send. Hovewer the file remains large,
e.g. this file initially contained 16 colormaps on 4 pages and 2 graphs ans was of 5.5 MB, when I delete and leave only 2 colormaps it shrinks to 4.5 Mb. I think this is too big
and even after deleting origin file still posses some attributes/traces from the deleted worksheets/graphs/colormaps. Is it true?

Of course I can export one graph, but then there is other problems with import by
profs etc., so I prefer just delete the parts I don't need.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
redspirit Posted - 06/16/2014 : 05:29:48 AM
Thank you,Shirley_GZ, for your answers.
So I'am wairing for v9.2 SR0.
Shirley_GZ Posted - 06/16/2014 : 05:10:09 AM
Hi Redspirit,

The first problem is a bug, we had already submitted a jira(ORG-7171), which will be fixed in the version 9.2 sr0.

The second problem also has the jira item(ORG-7370), which will not be fixed in the upcoming version. sorry for that.

The third question is relative to Origin file saving design: opj size is mainly occupied by matrices/worksheets with dataset instead of graphs. You can check worksheets/graphs size in Project Explorer Size column. E.g. the opj which you sent contains two matrices(size:2M) and one matrix(size:709k), one graph(size:3M). But the opj size is 4.31 MB, which was mainly occupied by 3 matrices with dataset. If you delete the graph and resave the opj, its size shrines little; but if delete one 2M matrix, it shrines to 2.59 MB.

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000