The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Overlapping Errorbars

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Macil1 Posted - 06/23/2014 : 04:09:19 AM
Hello everyone,

maybe I have a very problem that's easy to solve, but I don't find the solution:

I have a few datapoints at nearly the same spot with the same value for X - and all have a error bar wich is overlapping. So you only see one bar for the different vallues, except when there are more datapoints. Is there a possibility to split them up?
I know that you can split up the data points but the error bars stays at the middle.

Thank you for helping :)
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 06/23/2014 : 10:55:27 AM
Hi Macil1,

A possible alternative may be to express the errors as bubbles in a bubble chart. (You may want to put a note in the caption to say that the size of the circles doesn't imply the error in X values.)

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
jasonzhao Posted - 06/23/2014 : 07:29:47 AM
Thank you for contacting OriginLab technical support.

Origin cannot realize the error bar offset at one time. This problem has been submitted to our database ORG-11416. However, we offered a workaround here, please follow the steps below:

1. Select the points in columns(the data column and error column) which you want to set an offset one by one(one means data+error pair) with ctrl button pressing down.
2. For data doesn’t need offset, please select at one time with ctrl button pressing down.
3. Click plot->symbol->scatter to have a scatter plot with error bar.
4. Go to Format->Layer properties in main menu, click Stack tab, and select individual as offset with X check on.
5. Go to Format->Plot properties in main menu, click Offset tab, and set X offset one by one.
6. Redesign the symbol type and color.

Here we show an example which displays the graph after the workaround.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for further questions.

Best regards,
Jason Zhao
OriginLab Tech Service

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000