The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Importing CSV data

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zaneslovakia Posted - 06/25/2014 : 05:08:01 AM
Hello to everyone!
I have certain problem when I try to import CSV data into Origin. Data are obtain from Raman spectrometer (Thermo Scientific) and saved as a CSV file, and Origin version I use is OriginPro 8. Those data in Origin have increased values by the several orders of magnitude, and have to be divided by 1000000 to restore their accurate values. I suppose that is caused by wrong interpretation of comma position in those data, but unfortunately I don't know how to overcome it. Any help would be appreciated.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
zaneslovakia Posted - 06/25/2014 : 05:55:12 AM
Many thanks! You saved me from a lot of repetitive and unnecessary work!
Kathy_Wang Posted - 06/25/2014 : 05:46:29 AM
Hi,

I think probably you could overcome this by changing the setting for "Separator for ASCII Import" so that the comma will be interpreted as you expected.

To change it globally, click Tools:Options and go to Numeric Format tab:

To specify it only for one import, you can use the Import Wizard tool and specify the Numeric Separator in the Data Columns page:

Note that in this Data Column page you can also specify a "Column Separator" different with default (default is comma).

Kathy
Originlab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000