The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Basic Graphing Help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BryanK Posted - 06/28/2014 : 07:40:30 AM
Origin Ver. 9.0
Operating System: Windows 7

Hello,
I have two questions while making some basic plots in Origin. I was hoping someone my have the answers for me.

1) How do I change the symbol for all datasets in PlotDetails at once? I have 10 datasets and 3 different layers (30 datasets) and I need to change the symbol for all. Each set of 10 will have the same symbol (i.e. circle, square, and triangle).

2) In custom legend I could not find the @ symbol for this: the legend needs to be the comment line. Not the comment line corresponding to the y-axis data though! Each worksheet of data has the legend name in col.A(x1) which is neither the x or y axis of this graph.

Any help would be much-appreciated. Happy graphing,
Bryan
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lkb0221 Posted - 07/01/2014 : 10:39:36 AM
Hi,

There is no auto way to do this.
Please try the following:
1). Right click the comment(or long name, or else) cell you want to show on the legend, and select Copy .
2). Double click the legend to enable edit mode.
3). Delete the original text part (for example, %(1))
4). Right click and select Paste Link. (Still in edit mode)
5). Click somewhere else to update the change.

For syntax method:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/ref/Legend-Substitution-Notation#Worksheet_Cell_Access
For example:
%(2, @WT, D, L) ==> the long name from column D, in the source worksheet of the 2nd data plot.

Zheng
OriginLab
BryanK Posted - 07/01/2014 : 08:48:41 AM
Thanks for your response Zheng,

Number 1 would have taken me a long time to find.

As for number 2, you are correct. I am getting the Y axis comment line by default. The problem is I don't want this comment line. I would like to know if there is syntax for direct the legend to the comment line of another, otherwise unrelated, column in the same worksheet.

Cheers,
Bryan
lkb0221 Posted - 06/30/2014 : 09:36:13 AM
Hi,

1). You can group them in Layer Contents dialog, and them in Plot Details, Group tab, set Symbol Type increment to be None.

2). Right click the legend and select legend: Update Legend... , and in legendupdate dialog, reconstruct as you wanted.
but it should be the Y columns comments by default. not sure what's happened in your side, maybe wks data structure related.

Zheng
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000