The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin contour plot - negative interpolation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Seppl02 Posted - 07/01/2014 : 09:39:36 AM
Hi there,

I have a problem with the contour plot:

I aquired data from measuring stress in the soil using 12 earthpressure cells. Now I want to plot it via the contour plot option, setting x-y values for my tray where the cells were embedded (300cmx300cm).

After modifying the plot, setting custom boundary and scaling x/x axis there appear areas in the plot that are set as negativ value "<0" (according to the "colormap/contours" dialog tab). These areas are not included in the color-palette and appear black by default settings.

Is there any chance to set these areas to 0 or to determine a minimum value for the interpolation? I want these areas to be included in the color gradient, using a minium value of "0"

I try to add a screenshot, maybe you have an idea what I´m talking about.

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: win7 - 64bit, origin 9

Ok I compared that data above with another data-set from same measuring system but with more force applied on the ground. To compare it with the low-force-plot above i choose a log10 scaling for both of the plots. I think my problem is more complicated than just setting that mentioned area to "0". As you can see in the left picture, the program interpolates directly from 20 to 0 on the left side of the high force plot. I think somehow i need to get the program to interpolate the data for the whole plot. Anyone an idea?

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Seppl02 Posted - 07/04/2014 : 04:27:51 AM
Solved! Thanks a lot guys!
snowli Posted - 07/03/2014 : 3:28:17 PM
Hello,

1. Have you applied a color palette onto the contour plot? Usually if you did so, the colormapping is linked with a color palette file so it's not allowed to modify single level colors. But you can unlink it.

E.g. Double click the plot to open Plot Details dialog.
On Colormap/Contours tab, click the Fill... column header to open the "Fill" dialog.
Check if "Load Palette" is selected with "Link to Palette" checked.

If you uncheck "Link to Palette" and close this dialog, you should be able to click on a single level's color to customize the color.

2. Right now, the customization on Color Scale on the left is limited. We are improving it in 9.2 so you can specify which level range to show on Color Scale and also which label to show, e.g. 0.1 0.5 1 1.5 5 10 50 100 300

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.
Seppl02 Posted - 07/02/2014 : 05:54:21 AM
Hey Christyli,

thanks for your help. I applied the color change für ">0" and that work really fine. On the other hand i modified my data points: because of an axial-symmetry i used the data of the single points on both sides of the vertical-middle-line. Together with your suggestions i plotted a graph that will work for my thesis. The only thing i couldnt figure out was getting the value for the color of level "0". When tried to click the color button i could not open the "fill-menu" because its locked. I just entered the numbers from your picture above, Thats the result:

I have to use the log10 scale, because otherwise the different graphs can not be compared within each other. Only problem left at this point is the scaling on the color-bar on the right. Because of an level-range from 0,1-300 and a major level value of 30 it is not like "0,1-0,5-1-1,5-5-10-50-100-300".

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000