The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 special function K0(x) and other small pbs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bobroff Posted - 07/22/2002 : 09:55:59 AM
Hello

I have two questions :

1. I want to use the modified bessel function K0(x). I read in one other message that the NAG functions (http://www.nag.com/numeric/cl/manual/html/S_cl06.html) are now implemanted in the 7.0 version. How do I access them (when I try to plot K0(x) or nag_bessel_k0(x) it does not work) ?

2. With this new 7.0 version under Windows 98 (as compared to Origin 5.0), there is always a small delay before any action. For example, if I change a parameter in the graph window and click OK, a delay of about 2 seconds occurs before it goes back to the graph. This effect does not depend on the PC I work on (I tried 1 old and 1 new PC). It is a very boring effect when you work all the day long on that software. Do you have any idea how to solve it ?

Thanks in advance
Best

Julien Bobroff
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpyang Posted - 07/22/2002 : 12:59:44 PM
quote:
2. With this new 7.0 version under Windows 98 (as compared to Origin 5.0), there is always a small delay before any action. For example, if I change a parameter in the graph window and click OK, a delay of about 2 seconds occurs before it goes back to the graph. This effect does not depend on the PC I work on (I tried 1 old and 1 new PC). It is a very boring effect when you work all the day long on that software. Do you have any idea how to solve it ?

About slowness in graph editing, this maybe related to your printer driver. Try the following

1. change to a different default printer

or if that does not work, then

2. goto Tools:Options:Text Fonts, and uncheck the option "WYSIWYG in Page View mode"

CP

Mike Buess Posted - 07/22/2002 : 11:47:36 AM
I've used Origin 5 and 7 in Win98SE and haven't noticed additional delays in 7 such as you describe. Are you making the changes from the Origin menu or with your own LabTalk scripts?

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
easwar Posted - 07/22/2002 : 11:12:44 AM
Hi Julien,

The NAG functions are accessible from Origin C, and not directly from the interface. So if you want to use the NAG functions, first you need to add an Origin C function to your workspace. For example, if you define and compile the following function:

#include <origin.h>
#include <NAG\OCN_s.h> // include appropriate NAG header file double
double bessel_k0(double x)
{
return nag_bessel_k0(x)
}

The name bessel_k0 used here is arbitrary - you can call it what you want.

Once this function is set up, then you can use it to set column values, plot in new function window etc, by accessing it, such as:
col(b)=bessel_k0(col(a))
or bessel_k0(x) in function window etc.

Not sure of your problem no. 2 - someone else will respond.

Easwar
OriginLab.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000