The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 problem with batch processing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zorglub Posted - 07/09/2014 : 09:40:33 AM
Hello,

I am trying to do data manipulation, then fitting these data, and batch process all of these operations but I failed.

I have xls files made of 2 columns in a directory. I have import one file and rename the sheet " Raw data ". I create then a column and set its value ( a non linear function f applied on col(B)) with automatic recalculation. Then I extract the mean and standard deviation of this new column using "statistics on column" menu. Then I create a new sheet "Results" where I copy/paste as a link the mean and standard deviation extracted. I save my book as a template and use it on several xls files but it doesn't work !

I though it was because of the creation of a new column with automatic set values so I tried to creat a new sheet ( " manipulated data ") and then run the statistic from this new sheet but it failed again.

So my question is : how can I create a new column set with manipulated data from an imported file, then extract statistics form theses manipulated data, and then batch process these operations ?

Cordially
Laurent

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JacquelineHe Posted - 07/10/2014 : 06:45:58 AM
Hi,

I am not sure whether this problem is related to your template.
But use Batch Processing for the external Excel file, the files should be CSV file. You can save the excel file as .csv, and then try again.

Thanks
Jacqueline
Originlab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000