The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Color Scale: Resizing with Layer/Tick Marks

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hstinson Posted - 07/16/2014 : 1:45:46 PM
Origin Ver. 9.1 and Service Release 2
Operating System: Windows 7

I have two issues with the Color Scale legend in an XYZ Contour color map.

1) I would like to make the Color Scale bar resize with the layer. The font of the Color Scale labels will resize, but not the actual bar itself (length and width).

2) I would like to add tick marks (horizontal and vertical box) around the color bar, much as I can add horizontal and vertical tick marks around the actual plot.

Can either of these be done in Origin 9.1? Thanks in advance,

Ted
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 07/16/2014 : 5:49:18 PM
Hi Ted,

Thank you for willing to try beta version. We will email you when it's ready.

If you right click the legend and choose Programming Control, u can see there is Attach to control. but checked with others that it only controls the upper-left corner of the legend. We had jira about being able to set the size of color scale object height same as layer but not done yet. I will add you in the customer list.

When you have both layer and color scale legend selected, on the right side of Origin workspace, there is are a toolbar button called Object Edit.

There are Left Alignment, Right Alignment, Top, Bottom, Same Width, Same Height, etc. to resize and position them together.

Thanks, Snow
hstinson Posted - 07/16/2014 : 3:29:18 PM
Hi Snow,

That's good to hear, the color plot legend options have been lacking for some time. I was glad that 9.1 included exponential labels, but good that you are improving the options. Yes, I would be interested in trying a BETA version with these additions.

As for resizing: this dual selection still does not accurately resize the color bar: the width of the color bar changes, but not the height. Also, when I resize the layer by going to Plot Details -> Layer -> Size/Speed, I don't see how to attach the color bar to the rest of the layer (like I can for other added objects). Is this in the BETA version as well?

Thanks,

Ted
snowli Posted - 07/16/2014 : 2:45:10 PM
Hi Ted,

You asked just in time.
We are working on improving color scale in 9.2, such as
tick labels around color scale
color scale title
customized levels in Color Scale
label customization.

Would you like to try it? We are about to release 9.2 beta this week or early next week.

1) You can hold down Alt key and then click on the contour plot to select the contour layer, then release Alt, click Ctrl key and click on Color Scale object.
This way both contour layer and Color Scale are selected. You can resize them together.

We disable this in 9.1 SR3 because of some bugs in this area so please don't patch to 9.1 SR3 if you need this feature. It is enabled again in 9.2.

Sincerely,
Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000