The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to get the name of a loose dataset

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gfitzgerald Posted - 07/28/2014 : 1:03:54 PM
I am trying to export ascii data from loose datasets in a graph. I am able to loop over the datasets and get the x and y data, but I also need to get the comment associated with a dataset. Within the Origin gui I can click on the graph to open the Plot Details dialog and then create a workbook for one dataset - and this has text in the Comments row of B(Y) exactly like I want. But how can I get this programmatically from LabTalk? I've been creating ranges and copying from the loose dataset into a temp workbook. If I try to get the comments this way, e.g., from dsY[C]$ on the loose dataset, it turns up empty.

thanks
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lkb0221 Posted - 07/28/2014 : 4:25:57 PM
Hi,

I'm sorry for my misunderstanding... loose data does not have label rows. And I'm not sure what's in your legend.
I guess you got this graph form other one as an ogg file, right?

An easy way is open the Plot Details dialog and click Workbook button at the bottom, or select the curve on the graph, right click and "Go to XXXXX...". And then export the created worksheet.

For scripting way, I would still recommend putting the loose data into a worksheet and then export. So you can add meta data to it.

Zheng
Originlab
gfitzgerald Posted - 07/28/2014 : 3:45:56 PM
Zheng,
Thanks for the response. I was updating and clarifying my question just as you posted. The next obvious question for me to ask is: how to access the workbook meta data? I created a range for the dataset
strY$ = myDataSet;
range dsY = [??]!%(strY$);

and I tried to get the Comments from dsY[C]$. What other ways can I access the metadata?

thanks,
George

George Fitzgerald
Universal Display Corp.
gfitzgerald@udcoled.com
lkb0221 Posted - 07/28/2014 : 3:42:44 PM
Hi,

For auto legend, the legend text comes from worksheet column label rows (by default is Comment).
So you can just read your workbook meta data.

But if you've modified the legend text manually, it might be hard...

Zheng
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000