The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Please help me - prior issue for me

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mardaw36 Posted - 07/31/2014 : 1:19:49 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 8
Operating System: Win XP

Good evening!
I ask for help. I have a task and I don't know how to do it.

1. I have some function and I need to have the second one which is smoothed version of the original one and is placed under it, possibly near (no intersections). Something like that:

2. Then I want to substact smoothed function from the original function to receive distances between following points. I heard there's an option which make the smoothed one of the same number of points like the original one, and then those points are moved so that every distance is measured at 90 degrees angle.

3. Then I need a column with those distances to make another function - all this to highlight the oscillations. I should receive something like that:

I would be very grateful if someone found time to explain me every steps to complete those things. Thank you in advance.
Please leave the solution there or send it at: mardaw36@gmail.com

D.Markowicz
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mardaw36 Posted - 07/31/2014 : 3:23:11 PM
Thanks for your reply Mr Zheng.

Here's .txt data to import as multiple ASC. Download it from my dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jd4mc3gm0xn0524/2014-07-28%20%2019-37-33%20Measurements%20MCT24%20.txt

X axis should be Column C
Y axis should be Column P

You will receive the curve and now we have to create the smoothed one under it. Then, everything next as I wrote above. I hope your idea you've mentioned is good. If you could take some screenshots so that I would know for future where are options you choose, would be great. I'm still a rookie in Origin.

Regards

D.Markowicz
lkb0221 Posted - 07/31/2014 : 2:27:30 PM
Hi,

What I'm thinking is first interpolate both curves so that they share the same X column. Then subtract a appropriate baseline so that the distance will be just the Y direction. And then you can simply subtract one from the other to get the result.

Better if you can send us some sample data so we can play with.

Zheng
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000