The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Two dimensional confidence interval

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
finesniper Posted - 08/11/2014 : 10:17:23 AM
Origin Pro 9. 64 bit Win 7

Hi everyone! I have a problem with two dimensional confidence interval fitting. I have two datasets in two columns. What I want to do is to check whether they belong to the same population, or form two distinct populations. For this, I created a two dimensional graph with the points, and I did the PCA, but I still want to look at the overlap of the two confidence interval. Where can I do this? I looked at the tutorial, but I could not find it. Thanks

Oláh Viktor János
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Echo_Chu Posted - 08/14/2014 : 10:14:54 PM
Usually in statistics if we want to see whether two population are the same from the graph, we will use the stacked histogram. Put the histogram of the two data together with same bin to observe whether they have same shape and location, dispersion and central tendency. In Origin you can plot such graph with the Statistics on Columns tool, accessible from Statistics: Statistics on Column

finesniper Posted - 08/12/2014 : 2:22:41 PM
Thanks, that's a good way to solve my problem, but I still want to visualize the results.

Oláh Viktor János
Echo_Chu Posted - 08/12/2014 : 05:15:22 AM
Hi,

What about using Mann-Whitney test, which is to test whether two population are teh same. You can access it by choosing menu Statistics: Nonparametric Tests: Mann-Whitney Test.

Echo
OriginLab Technical Service

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000