The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 histogram with different colours

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lomanx Posted - 08/13/2014 : 11:25:37 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin Pro 9.0.0 (64-Bit) SR2
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

Hello all,

I have a question concerning how to draw a histogram of a special kind in Origin 9.0.0. I have data from three different sensors, let's call them sensor one to three.

Sensor 1 Sensor 2 Sensor 3
2.33316E7 2.60871E7 2.20139E7
2.22446E7 2.37398E7 2.53462E7
2.39149E7 2.63268E7 2.45455E7

I now want to make a histogram highlighting each one of the sensors with different colours. The highlighting works by just marking all of the data and clicking on Plot/Statistics/Histogram. But my problem now is:

The graph is not showing all of the values one on top of the other, but is overlaying the bars. So I'm losing information because I can not see all of the bars. I hope I managed to explain well my problem. I want to see all of the bars and having one on top of the other, so I can see all measurement values on the histogram.

Maybe somebody can help, I'd be very grateful! If you don't understand my problem, please ask. Thank you!

Lorenzo, HEPHY Vienna
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lomanx Posted - 08/14/2014 : 10:14:41 AM
Hey Zheng!

Thanks a lot for your fast reply! Your tip works!

Lorenzo, HEPHY Vienna
lkb0221 Posted - 08/13/2014 : 2:08:36 PM
Hi,

Please do the following:

1). Highlight all three columns, select Statistics: Descriptive Statistics: Frequency Counts.
2). Set the bin size as you want, uncheck everything except Bin Center and Count in Quantities to Compute branch.
3). A new wks will be created. Highlight all columns in it and plot a column graph.
4). In Plot Details dialog, Layer level, Stack tab, change Offset to be Cumulative.
5). Re-scale the graph.

Zheng
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000