The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Splitting large rows of data via cell value

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MSchmid Posted - 08/15/2014 : 08:18:32 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release:
OriginPro 9.1.0 G
Operating System:
Windows 7

Hello,
I am running cyclovoltammetric measurements that result in csv-files. After importing them into origin, I am left with three rows (time, voltage and current). Only the last two are important for me.
Each row consists of 125k data points. I have to perform several calculation steps and hope to have (in the end) a template for mass calculation, since each experiment gives me 20+ files.
So far, I managed to find the max. and min. values of my data stream, a repeated waveform with peaks. Now I have to seperate my data at this values and store each upward and downward part seperately.
However, I could not find a way in the help or here in the forum to assist me with it, except some tedious manual labor.

Now, what do I want to do?
As said, I have found the current values of the min and max points via peak analysis. I want to find the corresponding cells and cut the data between each min and max and copy it to a new row or data sheet (preferably all into the same sheet).
Since the number of cells between the min and max is always a little different, I can't use the split worksheet command. Does anyone know a way to do it instead, preferably so it can be combined with other calculations for a automated template?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MSchmid Posted - 08/15/2014 : 09:41:15 AM
Hi, of course not. I'll sent it right away.
lkb0221 Posted - 08/15/2014 : 09:37:47 AM
Hi,

I'm afraid this might have to be script involved.
Would you mind sending your data to us (tech@originlab.com) so we can help you further?

Zheng
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000