The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 can't modify name of worksheet from fitting action

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
imoada Posted - 10/13/2014 : 12:05:50 PM
originpro 9.1 sr3 b275 evaluation 64bit
win7 ultimate sp1 64bit

hello, everyone

As we know, fitting a plot may produce two sheet, one is for fitting parameters (usually named as Fitlinear1), the other is for fitting curve data (usually named as Fitlinearcurve1). Now I saw something strange. In workbook window, name of parameter worksheet could be modified by double-clicking itself, e.g. used "abcd" instead of "filinear1", but "fitlinear1" is still shown as parameter worksheet name in navigate panel opend by clicking "Navigate..." item in the shortcut menu. For curve data worksheet, modification of worksheet name was normal, worksheet name in workbook window changed, worksheet name in navigate panel also changed. Morever, the only way for changing parameter worksheet name is look like through fit panel.

I have no idea whether it is normal or a bug for origin.

Thanks for your help.

Oada

PS: another small problem, if length of column name is beyond 9 digits, i can use the same word to name two columns, it is absolutely a bug, see pic below.

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
imoada Posted - 10/15/2014 : 02:49:22 AM
thank snowli for your answer.
snowli Posted - 10/14/2014 : 2:05:48 PM
Hi Oada,

I tried it in the coming Origin 2015 and it is fixed.
E.g. I copy a long string (26 chars) to short name of column A in Column Properties dialog.
Then I try to paste it to the short name of column B in Column Properties dialog
--> Warning pops up.

And I can reproduce the problem in 9.1

Thanks, Snow
OriginLab Corp.

quote:
Originally posted by imoada

Thanks, I see now.

With regard to the problem I mentioned at last, it seems that, if we paste something with characters more than that column short name can't support (e.g. 24 characters), the problem will happen.

Is there anyway now to solve this problem or is it already solved in origin 2015?

imoada Posted - 10/14/2014 : 12:53:37 AM
Thanks, I see now.

With regard to the problem I mentioned at last, it seems that, if we paste something with characters more than that column short name can't support (e.g. 24 characters), the problem will happen.

Is there anyway now to solve this problem or is it already solved in origin 2015?
snowli Posted - 10/13/2014 : 2:08:59 PM
Hi Oada,

In 9.1, we introduced Worksheet long name concept.

This way when importing data file with special characters, it can display as worksheet long name.
Also when doing analysis, it can generate more descriptive sheet long name. E.g. in the past, the sheet name generated is FitLinear1, while now it can generate e.g. Linear Fit of Sheet1 B.

You can right click the sheet and see the Sheet Name to Show: is Long name if available.

In Navigate Worksheets dialog, yu can right click column header and check to show Long Name as well.

This does cause some confusion since in some analysis tools, we only show shortname. So in the coming Origin 2015, we improved it so that shortname shows by default. When mousing over the sheet tab, it can show Short Name, Long Name and comments as tooltip.

Thanks, Snow
OriginLab Corp.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000