The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 On the Creating Custom Tick on 2nd Axis (2 Layers)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ssavarmand Posted - 11/04/2014 : 2:59:00 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1.0
Operating System: Win-7

Hi,
I was following the Origin Help under "Controlling the Axis Scale Type" and in particular the "Creating a nonlinear scale on a second axis (two layers; custom tick locations)". There are 9 steps to follow.

I noticed that after step 7, as soon as pressing the enter key to activate the command in the Command Window, although the Top x-axis gets fixed as desired, the initial lower x-axis settings changes and the display is not like before (the lower x-axis scale changes to "Tick-indexed database"). I spent some time on it. Finally I seemed to found a way to fix the problem and I wanted to share with others in case. Here is how I did it.

After the top x-axis is fixed as desired, I undid step 3, which means to establish the X Axis Link as "None" instead of Straight (1:1). This unlinks the top x-axis from the lower x-axis. However, fortunately it does not ruin the top x-axis and it stays as desired. Now that the two x-axes are unlinked, I go to the properties of the Scale settings of the lower x-axis and change it from the unwanted "Tick-indexed database" to whatever is the desired option.

Regards,
Saeid
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ssavarmand Posted - 11/05/2014 : 08:09:10 AM
Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your note. I am happy that I got it right. Also thanks for the useful help link.
Since I used Origin Help V9.1 and it didn't mention the note you provided, I guess an additional step would be in order to clarify this point in the help file for later versions.

All the best,
Saeid
Kathy_Wang Posted - 11/05/2014 : 03:39:44 AM
Hi,

A quick note on this, before Origin 9.0, for such linked layers, if you change scale in child layer, it will not affect the parent layer, but this behavior is no longer considered as correct because the two axes are linked and changing one should affect the other. So from Origin 9.1, if you want to have different axis scale settings across layers, you need to break the axis links.

In addition, in order to add a second nonlinear axis with linked scale but different tick labels, one might look at the quick help below:

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/2nd-Nonlinear-Axis

Kathy
Originlab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000