The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to show part of the long file address

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ssavarmand Posted - 11/07/2014 : 2:10:38 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1.0
Operating System: Win-7

Hi,

The file location address is shown at the top of the Origin screen. When there are several sub-directories, this address becomes too long and there is no place to show the main file name, which comes at the end of the address.

I was wondering if there is a way to hide the middle part (or to use dots or ellipses, instead) and to show the end of the address. For example to see something like this: C:\Directory1\Directory2\...\Directory6\The_Main_File_Name.opj

Regards,
Saeid
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ssavarmand Posted - 11/12/2014 : 08:13:07 AM
Dear Greg,

Thank you very much for the clear response. You are right. I had my display on "Medium - 125%".

Thank you,
Saeid
greg Posted - 11/10/2014 : 09:37:49 AM
If by 'top of the Origin screen' you mean the Title bar, then your Origin should already be doing this. We insert \..\ after the first directory and display whatever will fit in the current Title bar size until the project name - minus the ".OPJ".

Possibly there is some system setting that manifests the problem. In Control Panel : Display have you set text size to anything but the default "Smaller - 100%"?

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000