The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Paste link in multiple cells

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HuangZY Posted - 03/18/2015 : 9:11:40 PM
I am trying to plot a graph with "Fill Area" type. The data are from the statistical values, mean +/- SD. To automatic recalculate, I need copy the values and paste the link to all the Y cells corresponding to X. But I didn't find a shortcut for copying and pasting link to multiple cells.

Not sure if there is some workarounds or it is improved in later revision, but I think this would be helpful for automatic updating plot.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shirley_GZ Posted - 04/05/2016 : 02:56:32 AM
HiHuangZY,

Now Origin 2016 SR2 is available! And this issue has been fixed. You can download the demo version to have a try:
http://www.originlab.com/demodownload.aspx

Any problem, please do not hesitate to contact us with further questions.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
snowli Posted - 03/25/2015 : 2:28:26 PM
Hello,

We discussed this on weekly TS meeting and jiraed it to be implemented in future version.
https://originlab.jira.com/browse/ORG-12873

Thanks, Snow
snowli Posted - 03/20/2015 : 09:32:00 AM
Hi HZY,

I see. It looks we don't have way to paste link to multiple cells.

Another way you can do this is:
paste link to first cell.
Then mouse over the bottom-right corner of the cell. The cursor will change into +
Press Ctrl key and drag the corner to extend the select
==> All cells will be filled with same values as the 1st cell, so they are linked to the stats result as well.

We will discuss if we should support GUI way.

Thanks, Snow
HuangZY Posted - 03/19/2015 : 9:40:02 PM
Jason,

Thanks for your reply.
I have worked it out with "set column values"... with scripts like "Range r1 = sheet2!col(B);" "Col(M) = stddev(r1);"

However, I do think this is useful for copy-paste user who is not willing to script...

Snow,
I am using Origin 8.5.1.
Maybe I are not making it clear. I want to copy the link from one cell with statistic result to multiple cells, instead of from multiple cells.

-HZY

quote:
Originally posted by snowli

Hello,

Could you let us know which version you are using.

You can highlight a column or a range of cells and choose Copy or Ctrl+C.
Then you can right click the 1st cell in destination, and choose Paste Link or Paste Link Transpose.

Sometimes in older versions, paste Link options may not show in context menu, then you can choose Edit menu to use Paste Link.

Also if you highlight a destination column, there may be no paste link option. So select a cell in destination column to try to paste link.

BTW, we improved how to fill area between two curves in new versions. So you may not need to move data around. You can specify the order of plots to be different from order of columns in worksheet. Then use fill to next curve in Plot Details to make such graph.

https://originlab.jira.com/wiki/x/mwBLAQ

Thanks, Snow
OriginLab Corp.

snowli Posted - 03/19/2015 : 09:42:52 AM
Hello,

Could you let us know which version you are using.

You can highlight a column or a range of cells and choose Copy or Ctrl+C.
Then you can right click the 1st cell in destination, and choose Paste Link or Paste Link Transpose.

Sometimes in older versions, paste Link options may not show in context menu, then you can choose Edit menu to use Paste Link.

Also if you highlight a destination column, there may be no paste link option. So select a cell in destination column to try to paste link.

BTW, we improved how to fill area between two curves in new versions. So you may not need to move data around. You can specify the order of plots to be different from order of columns in worksheet. Then use fill to next curve in Plot Details to make such graph.

https://originlab.jira.com/wiki/x/mwBLAQ

Thanks, Snow
OriginLab Corp.
jasonzhao Posted - 03/18/2015 : 10:23:59 PM
Hello,

Please open "Set Values" dialog, select "Variables: Insert Range Variables" from the menu, then select the columns you want and press "Add" in "Range Browser" dialog.
Or just select "Variables: Insert Range Variables by Selection..." and choose the columns contained SD value. automatic recalculate is supported for this setting.

Please refer to this page for further informations:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/SetColVal#Using_Columns_from_Other_Sheets

Best regards!
Jason
OriginLab Technical Service

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000