The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 only Zoom-panning tool active on graphs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lmw Posted - 03/23/2015 : 09:32:46 AM
Hi!
OriginPro 9:
after creating a graph only the Zoom-panning tool is active on the graph, other tools e.g. Pointer or Data Reader are not activated even upon clicking on the respective icon.
Someone has an idea why it happens?
Thx!
Lu
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 04/14/2016 : 3:11:23 PM
Hi OxLee,

Which version of Origin are you using?
Also, have you tried to set the SHS system variable to 0 to turn off the smart hint as I have suggested above?

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
OxLee Posted - 04/14/2016 : 05:49:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by lmw

Dear Hideo,

so, my colleague said he is pressing randomly x-y-z keys and at certain moment in works. For me it worked now with z and then y.
Just in case somebody has similar problem maybe you can advise him to try similar thing.

Cheers,
Lucy

Doing that doesn't do anything for me.
Hideo Fujii Posted - 04/03/2015 : 5:30:10 PM
Hi Ineke, lmw and visitors to this post,

This problem - struck in panning/zooming mode might be caused by the conflict with the smart hint.
Could you please try to disable the smart hint to avid such conflict by the following way?
1) Choose "Tools: System Variables"  menu to open Set System Variables tool.
2) Enter SHS in the Variable field, 0 in the Value field.
  Click OK.

3) Restart Origin, and check whether the problem has gone, or not.
Please let us know if this worked, or not.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Ineke Posted - 04/01/2015 : 09:47:55 AM
Hi,

Has a solution to this problem been found? For me, it happens about every few minutes, and there is no reliable way to fix it. Pressing X-, Y- A or space sometimes helps, sometimes it is fixed by restarting Origin, sometimes a system reboot is needed...

In any case, it significantly slows down any analysis... Does anybody have a more permanent/reliable fix (yet)?

Thanks!

Ineke
Hideo Fujii Posted - 03/24/2015 : 11:42:02 AM
Dear Lucy,

I'm glad you found the Z-then-Y method on your machine, and I hope it is a reliable way at least on your machine. We continue to try to find a reliable way to reproduce the problem.

Thank you very much.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
lmw Posted - 03/24/2015 : 10:21:33 AM
Dear Hideo,

so, my colleague said he is pressing randomly x-y-z keys and at certain moment in works. For me it worked now with z and then y.
Just in case somebody has similar problem maybe you can advise him to try similar thing.

Cheers,
Lucy
Hideo Fujii Posted - 03/24/2015 : 10:01:49 AM
Hi Lucy,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

So, it seems Y-key method works for some people, but not for others. Restarting the computer may be the most effective way, but I'm sorry for that you need to take such a drastic measure. Hopefully we find a better way to escape. Maybe you can try pressing various other key other than "Y" to see which key works in your environment?

Regarding the size of your Origin project, I doubt if it is related to the problem of the cursor adhered to the panning mode, though I'm not sure. Surely if your project file becomes bigger, the loading time would increase. You can divide your Origin file by right-clicking each folder icon in the Project Explorer, and choosing "Save as Project"flyout.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
lmw Posted - 03/24/2015 : 05:22:36 AM
Dear Hideo,
thank you for fast answer. I tried pressing Y key, but nothing changes. Surprisingly, restarting the whole computer works
The origin project I am working now on is already quite big, containing many graphs in many folders. I realized that it takes now quite some time for origin to start beacuse of this. Do you think my problem might be due to this large amount of data in one project?
Also, my problem does not appear every time I want to make a graph, but it's hard to pin point whether there is any specific circumstance for it. Well, if you have sme ideas I would appreciate your help!
Thanks a lot!
Lucy
Hideo Fujii Posted - 03/23/2015 : 4:02:53 PM
Hi lmw,

We haven't know the actual cause of the problem, an Origin user has found that pressing Y key releases the operational mode back to normal, as described at:

http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20441

Could you please try Y key, and let us know if it worked or not?

Thank you.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000