The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to fit a custom function?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gintea Posted - 03/30/2015 : 09:45:19 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 8 ver 8.0951
Operating System: Windows 8

Hello,
I have a x,y data set to which I'd like to fit a function y=A*x*ln(x). How do I do that? I tried using Fitting Function Organiser, but I have no idea what Parameter settings and Parameter Initialization to use. Besides, what I need is such a simple function, surely there's an easier way to do this?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 03/30/2015 : 12:06:48 PM
Hello,

In later versions, we have a simpler tool, Fitting Function Builder to guide you step by step to build your fitting functions.
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/UserDef-FitFunc

When defining functions in Fitting Function Organizer, Parameter Settings and Parameter Initialization fields are optional. If you don't set them when defining the function, just make sure when you use Nonlinear Curve Fit dialog to fit with the defined function, first go to Parameters tab to specify some initial value. Otherwise fill can't start.

To avoid specify initial values everytime in Nonlinear Curve Fit dialog, when defining the function in Fitting Function Organizer, you can set

InitialValues = 1(V)

in Parameter Settings field.

it will specify 1 as initial A value. (V) means the parameter values can vary during fitting. If u want it to be fixed, use (F)

If you have multiple parameters, then when defining initial values, use the following syntax
InitialValues = 1(V), 2.5(F)

it will set 1st parameters's initial value as 1, second parameters's initial value as 2.5 and will not vary during fitting since it's set to be Fixed.

Thanks, Snow
OriginLab Corp.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000