The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 X data range reverts to "all" in Fit Linear

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cpeterbeng Posted - 04/01/2015 : 12:41:43 PM
Origin Ver. 9.2 and Service Release b9.2.272
Operating System: Win7
Hi, I am doing a linear fit on multiple Y columns (some of which are empty) on a restricted row data range, set by X (single column) or by row, or by entering [x-80:-120] for example into the range box. After hitting recalculate or save, the row (or X) data range always reverts to "all".
How can I keep my X range (or row range) fixed at the values I enter?
thanks
Peter Bengtson, Uni Heidelberg
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 04/06/2015 : 1:17:13 PM
Hi Peter,

Happy Easter.

I tried change parameter or recalculate and everything seems fine.

Anyway, if it's a problem in certain file, feel free to email the problematic opj to tech@originlab.com so we could look further.

Thanks, Snow

cpeterbeng Posted - 04/06/2015 : 10:19:25 AM
Sorry for my delayed response. I was abducted by the easter bunny

Thanks Snow for your advice! The problem persisted when the fit parameters were saved as a theme. By this I mean that a fit performed on a restricted X/row range reverts to the entire ("all") X/row range whenever the recalculate button or change parameters button are clicked. However, performing a new fit on the same data set using the saved theme creates a new results sheet without the problem. The problem still persists in the original fit results sheet so there must be some glitch in that sheet. Anyway my problem is no longer a problem.
Thanks,
Peter
snowli Posted - 04/01/2015 : 1:37:45 PM
On existing fit, if i change data and recalculate, it still keeps the same x range to fit.

I am wondering if you are talking about saving the linear fit dialog theme as a file and then apply it to new data?
If so, when you click the > next to Dialog theme, could you choose Save Theme As... and make sure Save X/Row Range checkbox is checked.

If you want to save x/row range in default theme, click > button next to dialog theme and choose Theme Settings. Make sure Save X/Row Range is checked.
Then save as <default> or <last used> will save the x/row range.

Thanks, Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000