The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Value or zero

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ONeilll Posted - 04/15/2015 : 08:08:53 AM
Origin8G SR4
v8.0951 (B951)
Windows 7 64 bit

Hi!

I have some X, Y data. This data are the Maxima for a (IR) measurement. Now I would like to create a function that covers my maxima and when there is no data it should return like zero (in the picture it´s at -10 this is just a wrong drawing). I have attached a file which might be helpful to understand what I mean. I would like to get some peaks out of it but more smooth as it is drawn in the picture. Maybe it is possible to adjust the full width half maximum as well?

Many thanks in advance,
ONeilll
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ONeilll Posted - 04/27/2015 : 04:31:52 AM
Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards
ONeilll
Hideo Fujii Posted - 04/17/2015 : 11:22:21 AM
Hi ONeilll,

> 1. Question: I have tried to set multiple column values... I don´t see this option.
Your Origin 8.0 doesn't support Set Multiple Columns Values. So, as you thought, you need to
use the Set Column Values tool for every column.

> 2. Question: I´m failing while calculate,...
Unfortunately, again your version doesn't support the system variable "j" to represent the current
column number. So, you need to plug in the actual value "1" instead of "j-5".

Good luck!

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
ONeilll Posted - 04/17/2015 : 04:02:51 AM
Hello jasonzhao and Hideo Fujii!
quote:
Originally posted by Hideo Fujii

But, if you simply want to generate a function which contains the peaks with specific positions and heights,
it can be achieved simply by using Set Multiple Columns Values tool for each peak with the peak function
of your choice.

This is exactly what I was searching for. I have tried to reproduce your Origin file, but I have problems.
1. Question: I have tried to set multiple column values like stated here: https://originlab.jira.com/wiki/display/main/Set+Multiple+Column+Values
Unfortunately when I mark more than one column I don´t see this option. I´t ok as long as I don´t have too many peaks.

2. Question: I´m failing while calculate, as you can see in the attached picture:

Any suggestions what is wrong?

Would it possible to receive your origin file via email? Would be a great help.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers ONeilll
Hideo Fujii Posted - 04/16/2015 : 12:53:53 PM
Hi,

If your data needs some special treatments based on your data, Jason may suggest you to do something.
But, if you simply want to generate a function which contains the peaks with specific positions and heights,
it can be achieved simply by using Set Multiple Columns Values tool for each peak with the peak function
of your choice.

For example, the following worksheet construction contains the peak positions at column B, FWHM's at C,
heights at D. Columns F to K are function values of the amplitude version of Gaussian ("GaussAmp") based
on the corresponding peak parameters in the <Peak#>th row in columns B, C, and D.

The column L is the final result of the summation of columns from F to K. Graph1 includes the plot of the original
data of column D (with the vertical drop lines), and the result function plot. (You can change the FWHM values
in the column C, and the rest will be recalculated automatically.)

Hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
jasonzhao Posted - 04/15/2015 : 11:31:18 PM
Hi ONeilll,

The peak shape strongly depends on the data, maybe you can run signal process to widen your peak, or share a sample data to (tech@originlab.com) for us to check.

Best regards!
Jason
OriginLab Technical Service

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000