The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Morlet wavelet scales to pseudofrequency

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
april.d.johnston Posted - 04/20/2015 : 1:12:14 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2015 (32 bit)
Operating System: Windows 7

Hello,
I have essentially the same question as this post from 2012, but the links no longer work:
http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18170

I would like to convert the scale to frequency (pseudofrequency) from a Morlet continuous wavelet transform. Is there now a function to do this in Origin, or will I need to compute it separately? If so, I think I need more information on how/if the 'wave number' from the cwt dialog box relates to the central frequency, as that is needed to calculate frequency.

My sampling frequency is 10kHz, so sampling interval is 0.0001 sec, and scales are 0-1000.

Thanks!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
april.d.johnston Posted - 04/23/2015 : 3:05:04 PM
Hello,
Yes, I understand that the algorithm for computing the wavelet isn't based on the sampling frequency, because it is based on scale, but to convert the scale in to pseudo-frequency, which is found just below the wavelet algorithm on the attached link, the equation uses delta, which is the sampling period, which IS based on the sampling frequency.

My question is not about the wavelet algorithm itself, but rather the built in pseudo frequency conversion. How can the sampling period be taken into account if I've never told Origin what my sampling period is?

Thanks,
April
JacquelineHe Posted - 04/23/2015 : 03:06:42 AM
Hi April,

Please take a look at this page for algorithm:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/CWT-Algorithm

This calculation for a wavelet is not related to the sampling frequency.

Thanks
Jacquline
OriginLab
april.d.johnston Posted - 04/22/2015 : 12:56:23 PM
Hi Jacqueline,
The documentation helps a little bit to better understand the math behind the wavelet, but I still am not sure how to properly convert the scale to pseudofrequency. If I check the 'use pseudofrequency' button, there is nowhere to input my sampling frequency, so I think Origin is using a default sampling frequency, is there any way to override this?

Thanks,
April
JacquelineHe Posted - 04/21/2015 : 04:06:21 AM
Hi,

The online documentation is updated, so the old links are broken.
For the Continuous Wavelet Transform tool, pleaes refer to this help page and take a look at the dialog setting and algorithm.

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Continuous-WaveTrans

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000