The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D biplot for PCA

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nolider Posted - 05/12/2015 : 09:48:20 AM
Hi, guys

I'm origine bigginer.
I performed PCA and I would like to make a 3D biplot graph using PC1-PC2-PC3.

Does anyone teach me how to make a 3D biplot graph?

Thank you in advance.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shirley_GZ Posted - 05/13/2015 : 03:52:52 AM
Hi Nolider,

To create an arbitrary 3D biplot plot, PC1-PC2-PC3:
1. Open a new project or a new workbook. Import the data file \samples\Statistics\Protein Consumption in Europe.dat
2. Select the entire worksheet and then select Statistics: Multivariate Analysis: Principal Component Analysis.
3. In this dialog, set Number of Components to Extract as 3. Click OK to close the dialog.
4. The Extracted Eigenvectors table now has 3 columns. To duplicate the sheet PCA Plot Data1, select the sheet PCA Plot Data1 and right click to select Duplicate. Then rename the new sheet as sheet PCA Plot Data2.
5. Activate the sheet PCA Plot Data2, Highlight Col (E) and right click to insert a column ahead of Col (E). Insert a column ahead of Col (G). Highlight two new columns and right click to select Set as: Z.
6. Rename the long name of Col (H1) and Col (I1) as Principal Component 3. Set the all the Eigenvalue of Col (H1)as 0.
7.Go to sheet PCA1, copy the Coefficents of PC3 in the Extracted Eigenvectors table and paste it into Col (I1) of sheet PCA Plot Data2.
8. Insert three new columns (col(J1), col(K1) and col(L1)) ahead of col(E), set the value to col(E)*3, col(F)*3 and col(I1)*3
9. Highlight Col (C) to Col (L1) and select Plot: 3D Symbol/Bar/Vector: 3D Vector XYZ XYZ to plot a 3D scatter plot.
10. To duplicate the sheet Score Data1, select the sheet Score Data1 and right click to select Duplicate. Then rename the new sheet as sheet Score Data2.
11. Active the sheet Score Data2, Highlight col(K)~col(M) and right click to select Set as: XYZ XYZ.
12. Highlight col(K)~col(M) , put the cursor at the right edge of col(M) to drag and drop these 3 columns to the existed 3D vector graph window as a 3D scatter.
13. Double click on the 3D vector plot to enter Plot Detail dialog and then go to Original level. Select 3D Vector tab, change Color as Blue and Width as 4; Go to Label tab, check Enable check box and customize Label From: Col(G), Position: Right, Size: 20 and Attach to: Arrow Head.
14. Go to another Original level under second plot, check Enable check box and customize Label From: Col(J), Position: Right, Click OK to close the dialog.
15. The 3D Biplot graph will be created as follow.

You can also refer to the tip at bottom of this help page:

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Principal-Component-Analysis

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000