The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Run Set All Column Values in Origin 6.1?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jsw Posted - 10/02/2002 : 11:59:11 AM
I am reading a lot of data files into worksheet templates which have Set Column Values set for many columns. I want to force evaluation of all of these without having to manually select each column and choose to Select All Column Values. Is there a way to do this?

Is there a way to run "Set All Column Values" in Orign 6.1? I see that in the v. 7 demo there is a button to Set All Column Values. The script does not work in 6.1. Unfortunately, I cannot upgrade at the moment.

Thanks,
Joe
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rtoomey Posted - 10/02/2002 : 4:44:06 PM
You might even just put the commands in Label Control for the button instead of the wo -r; In some cases that'll save a step. Nevertheless, Mike's suggestion is great.

- rtoomey

Mike Buess Posted - 10/02/2002 : 3:37:33 PM
Hi Joe,

The short answer is... you can't do it in Origin 6.1. But you can use the Worksheet script instead. Select Worksheet Script on the Tools menu and enter your column expressions there as complete Labtalk statements. For example, the default expression for column C...

col(A)-col(B)

needs to be written as

col(C)=col(A)-col(B).

It might take some time if you have a lot of column expressions, but, like column expressions, worksheet scripts are saved with the template and you only need to press the Do It button to execute everything.

...By the way, you don't even have to open the Worksheet Script dialog to run the scripts. Just add a text label that says "Do It", right-click on it and select Label Control. Then enter

wo -r;

in the script area and select Button Up on the drop-down list. Now you have a button to run your worksheet script. You'll need to be in Button Edit mode (Edit menu) in order to change its position or appearance.

Hope that helps.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

Edited by - Mike Buess on 10/02/2002 4:08:57 PM

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000