The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Export EPS with Origin 6.0?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fkj Posted - 10/03/2002 : 06:36:55 AM
Hi

I use Origin 6.0, and I need to export EPS (to include in my LaTeX documents), which 6.0 does not do very well. It can't export greek and there are other error too. What do I do?

I tried the web-export-server, but then I got a link to a file that I could not open?!?! Is there a way around it, or do I have to abandon Origin, because I can not afford to upgrade to 7.0?

Best Regards
Frank
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rtoomey Posted - 10/15/2002 : 4:42:07 PM
fkj,

Regarding your post on 10/3 at 10:11...

The graphic export server should have sent you an e-mail with a link to the EPS file and a way to obtain it as a ZIP file. Did you try the ZIP file? I should note that certain versions of Internet Explorer do have problems with the link created to download the EPS file directly. This is an IE problem and also why we provide the ZIP.

If I have misunderstood this question, it might be best to provide the actual link (instead of X's) since I could then try it out. If you are uncomfortable providing this link in the forum, the best thing to do would be to contact your local distributor. Their information:

Inno-Max
Brogaardesvej 145
DK-9440 Aabybro
Phone: +45 96 96 11 11
Fax: +45 96 96 11 12
E-mail: jrh@innomax.dk

Regarding your post on 10/11

As far as I understand it, EPS files only use Portrait mode. Therefore, if a graph is set to Landscape mode, Origin might not print to file completely. In other words, the edges (particularly the right one) of the graph might get cut off. This is why we recommend resizing the layer in the graph so that it appears to be shaped like a landscape view even though the graph window is actually set to Portrait.

As far as your legend goes, where is it located? If it is close to the right-hand side of the graph window or slightly off in the gray area of the graph window, it might not print to file completely. If you adjust its position slightly you might have more success.

fkj Posted - 10/11/2002 : 05:21:14 AM
Hmmm, on second view it seems to cut a little of the bottom legend. Why is that, and is there a way to get it right?

Best Regards
Frank
fkj Posted - 10/03/2002 : 10:11:11 AM
The "print to file" option seems to work just fine, even in landscape. What should the problem be in printing landscape? I did already have an HP 2500cp installed so that was easy.

I have always thought that that the "print to file" was a bit shady and I've only used it once (in another program), which resulted in me printing 450 pages of nonsense, because I left for 30 min after sending the job to the printer. That time I made the EPS in windows and printed it in unix, big mistake :-)

Regarding the export server. I got the mail with a link to this page:

http://www.originlab.com/www/downloads/demo/getgraph.cfm?file=XXXXXXXX.EPS

On that page there is a link to:

ftp://140.186.156.94/graphlab/XXXXXXXX.EPS

which I can not read using explore (the X's are 8 big letters and numbers)

Best Regards
Frank
easwar Posted - 10/03/2002 : 09:01:47 AM
Hi Frank,

Take a look at this Knowledge Base item on our website that offers an alternative way to generate EPS in ver 6.0:

http://www.originlab.com/www/support/resultstech.asp?ItemID=303&VersionID=All&TitleID=An+Alternative+Method+for+Creating+an+EPS+File&CatID=Importing/Exporting&TypeID=Tip

Regarding export server, what application were you using to open the file? What was the error message, if any, that you got?

Easwar
OriginLab.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000