The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 DDE follow on

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rob.plant Posted - 11/15/2002 : 10:21:44 AM
I have now read up on the subject and trying to understand the example, although i am finding it very challenging.

Has anyone set origin up as a graph/statistics server, if so how did you go about it and what sort of data were you sending, numbers, matrices etc

Thanks for any help

Rob
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
greg Posted - 12/06/2002 : 11:34:24 AM
Perhaps you read this already, but here is a link to the description of how our Graphics Export Server works:
http://www.originlab.com/www/downloads/demo/graphexp.asp
It's an Origin Pro version - usually the latest beta - plus two addon modules.

Mike Buess Posted - 11/18/2002 : 12:43:52 PM
Hi Rob,

There have been one or two users during the past 2-3 months who have posted questions that indicate they are doing what you're interested in doing. Hopefully one of them will chime in sooner or later with direct answers to your questions. I use Origin as a DDE "graphics server", but probably not the way you want to do it. I have an acquisition system based on a LabView VI that saves the data to file. When I want to send data to Origin for analysis the VI saves the data in a temporary file and sends a DDE command to Origin telling it to import the file. Not fancy, but I've found this method to be quite efficient. I'll give you details if you're interested.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000