The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Diaglog Builder, where is it?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tantiger Posted - 12/24/2002 : 12:45:07 AM
I'm currently using the demo version of Origin7 :) Thinking of purchasing one copy but not sure how long it will be before the 7.1 version be released.

I learned from this Forum that you can make your own dialog interface using dialog builder. However, I tried everywhere still cannot find it.

Does that becaue I am using a demo version?

Thanks in advance!
Merry Christmas &
Happy New Year!

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 12/24/2002 : 10:08:21 AM
quote:

I learned from this Forum that you can make your own dialog interface using dialog builder. However, I tried everywhere still cannot find it.

Meanwhile did you try to use GetNumber/GetString/GetYesNo command in LabTalk scripting language to create simple dialog boxes? (Just try to put the following line in the Script window:
   %b="a b c"; getn (MyItem=)  myitem:b (MyNum=) mynum[ENTER]
These commands are available in Origin Demo (as well as Origin/OriginPro products). Origin can provide various possibilities, and you may want to explore what satisfies your needs.

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 12/24/2002 10:24:33 AM

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 12/24/2002 10:31:09 AM
greg Posted - 12/24/2002 : 09:46:04 AM
Dialog Builder is an API which can be used in conjunction with MS Visual C version 6 or later. We provide a template with which you can construct simple dialogs, tabbed dialogs or wizards. You can use a subset of the controls available in the MSVC toolbox to construct these dialogs.
The events of the dialog are handled by LabTalk script stored in OGS files, and we're moving to support OriginC code as well.
To see an example of a simple, tabbed dialog, take a look at Linear Fit tool (under the Tools menu) and its control file : LR.OGS.
A wizard example can be seen in the Fitting Wizard under Analysis : Non-linear Curve Fit. This dialog is driven by the NLSFWIZ.OGS file.

Note that Dialog Builder is an Origin Pro feature.

easwar Posted - 12/24/2002 : 09:27:20 AM
Hi,

Dialog Builder is an OriginPro feature and is not currently available in the version 7 demo. You could contact your local distributor for more information.

Happy Holidays!

Easwar
OriginLab.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000