The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to fix first tick value after a break?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
danquigny Posted - 03/15/2016 : 10:52:35 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin Pro 2016 Sr1
Operating System: Windows 10

Hi,
I simply want to fix the value of the first tick label after a break.
It is easy for the first tick of the first part of the axis but it seems to be impossible to fix it for the part after a break.
I hope that somebody will be able to help me.

Best regards,
Charles
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
danquigny Posted - 03/16/2016 : 10:08:47 AM
Hi Meili,
Thank you very much for your answer that really helped me. I was thinking that it could be posssible to do that as for the first tick of a scale without a break.
Finally, I succeed by using a dataset as you did. Just It was impossible for me to enter manually the dataset, probably because it is made of dates. I had to use a dataset entered in a book's column.

You can see the result:

I think that it would be interesting to be able to do that with a "first tick" option after a break.

Best regards.
Charles
meili_yang Posted - 03/15/2016 : 11:54:13 AM
Hi Charles,

You can still customize the position of the first tick after break. In the Break Details dialog, you can manually enter a dataset to be as major and minor tick positions. For example in the following screen shot, 95 will be the first major tick after break, and you can do the same to minor ticks.

As you mentioned to "fix it", I am wondering how you'd like to customize, and could you please paste a screen shot or some description?

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000