The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D interpolation of Scattered data to Scattered

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pooyah Posted - 03/15/2016 : 7:29:56 PM
Hi,

I have two sets of data : 1) scattered 4D data set (X,Y,Z, Value) with approximately 20,000 points and 2) scattered 3D data set (X,y,Z) with 5,000 points that I want to have interpolated "Value" for. I have come across 3D interpolation feature in Originlab that you can get interpolation for uniformly spaced 3D grids from scattered data sets. I was wondering if there is a way to use Origin lab to take the user-defined coordinates for the interpolation rather than using uniformly spaced grids.

Hopefully my question is clear. Please let me know if you need any further clarification. Thank you in advance for your help
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pooyah Posted - 03/17/2016 : 4:59:37 PM
Hi Shirley,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I looked into the example in the page you provided, but since I'm pretty new to Origin software (never used the c function), I was wondering if there is any tutorial/manual or a video demoing how to use this built-in function. I really appreciate if you could point me towards any material that can help me on this

Regards
Pooya
Shirley_GZ Posted - 03/16/2016 : 03:25:50 AM
Hi Pooyah,

Sorry, Origin doesn't support to do this kind of 3D interpolation from GUI. But you can use this built-in OC function:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/OriginC/ref/ocmath_3d_interpolate

About how to use this function, please refer to the example in this page.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000