The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Hidden peaks

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laurson Posted - 03/15/2016 : 8:12:39 PM
Hi
I have a problem with finding right 4 hidden peaks in the IR spectra.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxXscrWuYWFPeHp5MGdiXzFkNk0/view?usp=sharing

Can somebody help me do it correct

Thank You!

Peeter
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Laurson Posted - 03/19/2016 : 08:02:38 AM
Hi Shirley,

I have question more: Why happened that sometimes program calulated negative hidden peaks, also then when are allowed only positive.

Regards

Peeter

quote:
Originally posted by Shirley_GZ

Hi Peeter,

OK, I see what you are worried about now. Thanks a lot for the explanation.

In my opinion, when you analyze the data set from a real experiment, you might know what you want to get. Then you can select the appropriate method and do corresponding settings in Origin to get what you want. For us, we can do our best to help you achieve what you want by using Origin’s various functions if you tell us the detailed requirements. But now, for this case, we don’t know the background of the data and the detailed requirements, so we can’t give you a suggestion that which one of the results is better although we really want to help.

Sorry for that and any inconvenience. If you have any problems about how to operate Origin, please fell free to contact us. Have a good day.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

Laurson Posted - 03/17/2016 : 7:49:13 PM
Hi Shirley,

Thanks for your reply. The principle I know what I'm looking and what I want to get.
In my test solution infrared spectra, region 4000-2800 cm-1 must be located four OH- band hidden peaks.
I would like to find out are my interested hidden peaks change their location if in solution presence some other substances.
I only know that the number of this OH- band hidden peaks must be four. Where they exactly located I do not know. Analyse of this spectra must be shown where are situated right locations of these hidden peaks.
Determine the location of the spectrum would probably be easy if the spectrum did not contain irregular background noise.
Some noise is usual in spectra. Hidden peaks are only little higher than the noise level.
For finding hidden peaks I use method 2-dn derivative, but in this case program registers across the all spectrum noise also as a large number of hidden peaks.
When I smooth the spectrum there are less hidden peaks what are caused by noise.
Smoothing changes the spectrum shape.
Spectra with different intensities needed for removing noise use of different level smoothing.
Different smoothing change spectrum shapes differently.
Are then also changing places hidden peaks of OH-bands? I think Yes.

Is it possible smooth spectrum line noise so that spectrum shape is not changed?

How You suggest find this four hidden peaks?
In my first letter, I sent the link of one of my spectra in OriginPro 2016 format. There also saved how I tried to find these hidden peaks.
Please show me how do You find these four headed peaks.

Best regards

Thanks,

Peeter
[/quote]

Originally posted by Shirley_GZ[/i]

Hi Peeter,

In my opinion, when you analyze the data set from a real experiment, you might know what you want to get. Then you can select the appropriate method and do corresponding settings in Origin to get what you want. For us, we can do our best to help you achieve what you want by using Origin’s various functions if you tell us the detailed requirements. But now, for this case, we don’t know the background of the data and the detailed requirements, so we can’t give you a suggestion that which one of the results is better although we really want to help.

Sorry for that and any inconvenience. If you have any problems about how to operate Origin, please fell free to contact us. Have a good day.

Thanks,
Shirley

[/quote]
Shirley_GZ Posted - 03/16/2016 : 06:38:50 AM
Hi Peeter,

Thanks,
Shirley

Laurson Posted - 03/16/2016 : 05:49:06 AM
Hi
I use OriginPro 2016 Sr1

I'm worried that the same data give me a different hidden peaks results.
I look changes structures of water in various mixtures of substances. For that I need identify hidden peaks.

If I get different results with the same data, I can not be sure when I analysis of various data that possible changes taking place at all.

Thanks,

Peeter

quote]Originally posted by Laurson

quote:

Hi Peeter,

Which version of Origin are you using? I can't look into your detailed operations in Peak Analyzer here since you are using a lower version than 2015.

In addition, can you say more about what you need? I see you have already got some “good” results(See “FitPeaks1” in your OPJ file). Are they not what you want, or what do you expect we help to improve?

Thanks,
Shirley

[/quote]
Laurson Posted - 03/16/2016 : 05:18:25 AM
quote:

Hi Peeter,

Which version of Origin are you using? I can't look into your detailed operations in Peak Analyzer here since you are using a lower version than 2015.

In addition, can you say more about what you need? I see you have already got some “good” results(See “FitPeaks1” in your OPJ file). Are they not what you want, or what do you expect we help to improve?

Thanks,
Shirley

Shirley_GZ Posted - 03/16/2016 : 02:35:33 AM
Hi Peeter,

Thanks,
Shirley

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000