The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Find section of curve that is flattest

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DerekK Posted - 03/18/2016 : 1:17:57 PM
Hello
I want to have my analysis template find the section of a curve that is best fit by a horizontal line. Or in other words... At what Y value does the curve spend the most time (in a contiguous section)?
The Y intercept of the linear fit would be the output.

Like the linear fit gadget, but with the slope constrained at 0. User could select min tolerance of fit (i.e. what R-squared value is good enough to consider it a flat line.)

Also would be useful for vertical line (slope = inf, find X-intercept of longest section of most vertical.).

Thanks, Derek

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2015 SR2. Operating System: Win 7
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 03/18/2016 : 5:20:08 PM
Hi Derek,

You can define a user-defined function, say hline which is:
y=A+x*0
Once you define this, in Quick Fit gadget, you can add this function to the list of selectable functions
by "Change Function: More..." flyout, "Add" button in the "Edit Quick Fit Function List" dialog to add
hline to your repertoire. Now, you can use hline in the Quick Fit tool to explore the flattest segment
within the curve. If you desire, you can show the reduced/adjusted R-square on top of the ROI box.

Regarding the vertical part, you can switch X and Y to make a plot, then apply hline.

Does this help you?

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000