The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem with the label in a bubble plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
thomsen01 Posted - 03/24/2016 : 06:57:33 AM
Origin 9.1.0G (64-bit) Sr2; Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit

Hi,

I created a bubble plot from a XYY worksheet, similar http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Bubble-Graph. Then I activated the label for each point (2. Y-column) and changed the font-type. Now I can move all labels in the layer, which works fine. However, when I move just one label, save the origin-project and open it again, the one (moved) label has changed back to the arial font.
Why is that and how can I avoid it?

Thanks for your help.
Thomsen

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chris D Posted - 04/04/2016 : 09:40:25 AM
Hi all,

This issue was fixed in Origin 2016 SR2.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
thomsen01 Posted - 04/04/2016 : 03:11:23 AM
Hi Chris,

to avoid overlapping the "Auto Reposition to Avoid Overlapping" works fine, but anyway I need to move some of the labels to arrange them in a better way.
Unfortunately I can not give you a screenshot because the graph is confidential.
If I use a text object, I have the problem that changes in the data are not considered in the text. So I tried it by using designs, but that also does not work. In my case the best way is to change the font after opening the origin-project again.
Thanks for your answer and I hope you can fix this bug shortly.

Thomsen
Chris D Posted - 03/24/2016 : 10:19:14 AM
Hi,

If you are moving labels to avoid overlapping maybe you can try this:
In Plot Details dialog Label tab, you can set "Auto Reposition to Avoid Overlapping".

But that may not be why you are moving the Label.

Maybe you can give us a screenshot and we can see if there is any other way- seeing the graph can help us. I do suspect my original suggestion to use a Text object is the way to go though.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
thomsen01 Posted - 03/24/2016 : 09:26:36 AM
Hi Chris,

thank you for your quick answer.
Unfortunately, I have a very large number of labels which I want to move. So it would be a very extensive work.

Thomsen
Chris D Posted - 03/24/2016 : 08:57:37 AM
Hi Thomsen01,

You have encountered a bug in Origin (ORG-14551 <-you can ignore this it is only for our internal bug tracking purposes).

We will investigate a workaround and report back shortly.

EDIT
====
It appears that the only practical workaround is to hide the label for that one point (or other points which you may have moved), and use the Text tool to create a manual label with the required font.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000